High Idling GMC Cargo Van

westernbob

Expert Expediter
i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.i have a 2004 gmc 2500 van with the 6.0 engine.sometimes it stays in high idle (measured at the dealer at 3000 rpm)it will go 60 mph on the freeway with my foot off of the pedal.the dealer swore it was the throttle body,i had them replace it and the next day same problem.it does come and go,but i can't make it happen,it does it when it wants to.the only other clue is that the am radio stations have seriously abnormal static when this is happening.so far dealer can't figure it out.i was wondering if any drivers out there had a similar problem. thanks

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Try looking at the Throttle Postion Senser, Had that happen on my 03 with a 5.3

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds like it's one for Click and Clack on NPR Radio Saturday mornings. Send a E Mail' they love problems like this and they will get in touch with you and give you a phone # and a time to call.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The radio static might suggest a wiring problem causing bad communication from the computer. It's very frustrating to have those problems that won't show up when you go to the shop.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Maybe could be a bad ground somewhere. Also if you have something interfereing with the radio it could be messing up the computer as well. Check the battery connections and your grounds.