Hi all! Just got here as fast as I could.

the_hungaria

Active Expediter
Hello fellow freight haulers!

I'm quite interested in becoming an expediter in a sprinter some day. I currently own a Volvo VNL780 Tractor and am pulling various freight, mostly reefers and dry vans. I'm happy at the company I'm at right now, and am planning to move into expediting within the year or so. I'd like to pa off debt first, and possibly buy a sprinter outright without payments pending.

I've been lurking on here for a bit, and been reading my @$$ off trying to get as much info as possible. it's quite the interesting journey you guys are on here...

The reason I'd like to switch to a sprinter and do expedite is, the not dealing with the DOT and not worrying about the hours. I already work a lot, and drive a lot so the needs-to-be-there-asap isn't new to me. Also, I'm young (28), single, and enjoy my time when I'm stuck in a larger city over a weekend and can go explore/party get to know the local culture etc. and I'd like to do more of that than my T/T allows. Plus the mobility of a van is enticing, not being stuck to a truck stop.

I'll keep reading, researching and all that jazz.

Thanks for all your help in advance, and keep up the good work guys. I enjoy reading and seeing how you guys set up your vans...

The_Hungarian!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to our forums and good luck with your plans! I drive a ST so I can't help beyond the howdy!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hello Hungarian!

By chance are you the same ole "Hungarian" O/O out of Woodhaven, MI?

the_hungaria

Active Expediter
No Sir!

I'm based out of Fishkill, NY but the road is my home 3-4 weeks out of a month. :)

Any Ex truck drivers that got into a van have any advice? From what I've read on here most have trouble adjusting to sitting a lot. That probably won't be a problem.

thx

Attila

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Im in a sprinter and sitting happens sometimes and sometimes you are so busy you wish you could sit for a day to catch up on rest, chores, etc . You should have no trouble getting a load with in reasonable time if your in with the right company and in a decent area in the USA. Sprinter is a good choice. I would advise to put as much down on the van as you can and still have a good $5000 in reserves for bad days. One accident/mishap and your business goes down the drain if you dont have a nice reserve of cash to hold you over till your back rolling. Also if your not in the expediting industry already I would even consider driving for a fleet owner for a little bit to adjust and get a feel of what your expediting career will be before dumping $50,000 on a sprinter and outfitting it to your tastes.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Mr. H. When you decide to sell the tractor try advertising on here. There are folks looking to buy for Tt expedited.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

the_hungaria

Active Expediter
Looks like this expediting might start a lot sooner than I taught. My truck broke down (blew a turbo) and the dealer gave me a heart attack to boot with the quote, so right now my truck is sitting, and I'm looking for a job to fix my truck up or to change careers.

Anyone hiring for their vans, straight trucks or T/T?

:)

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Check the classifieds on here, should be lots of fleet owners looking for drivers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums