Hey Weave! Questions about your truck.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hey Weave.. was just doing my "wish list shoppin", as I'm planning to buy another vehicle, either truck or van after the first of the year, and this one was listed in the Hotshot newsletter. It's at Freightliner of Knoxville, and is the only one I've seen that looks like yours.. being a 2001 Columbia, with 70 inch mid-roof sleeper.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/am/listings/l0007.html

My question for you is, I notice in the pic of this one, the fuel tank is mounted behind the toolbox...unusually far back.. wonder if that would counterbalance that heavy front end you've mentioned, and make it more loadable up front?

Are you still lovin yours? This one looks pretty nice, C-10, 335 horse runnin thru 9 speed..sounds like a solid combo. What fuel mileage are you getting with yours? And, how is the ride quality holding up, and does that mid-roof give you enough headroom? The last truck I drove, the FL70, had a Peterbilt style 63 inch standup, and being 6 foot 4, I worry about that sorta thing! Course, if I decide to buy a van, that's a whole other problem..LOL.

Thanks for ya time!

Dreamer

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have stopped and looked at this truck in Knoxville! It would make a hell of a nice rig, for sure.
By comparison, the set back fuel tanks are the way to go, I wish they were that way on my CL. That takes the weight of the fuel off the front axle, which is important with a single drive axle. The CAT C10 is also a little lighter than my DDC S60, which helps too. The mid roof sleeper is actually taller inside than it looks on the outside. I am 5'9" tall, and can stand up all the way through my CL, with the exception of where the dome light is. Great for the solo driver who doesn't need the condo.
No problems with the C10 or 9 speed, great combo, and the right HP. My S60 is 470 HP, but I had the computer set to derate it to 360 HP, which is still more than ample with my 10 speed. Can run triple digits if one is stupid enough to do so.
This CL in Knoxville looked to be fairly decent to me for the miles on it. Still, if you are seriously interested, have a good mechanic check it out (I can tell you some things to look for) and have it dyno tested. If it checks out OK and you can get the price down a little, go for it.
-Weave-