Heroine--drugs

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Not only are all the deaths bad, but the destroyed families and grief and the drain on society. What a mess it is.
CDC - Facts - Drug Overdose - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

EVERYTHING (especially when dealing with the goverment) is about $$$

Here is a good read... I have listened to a few of interviews...Dr.Carl Hart

Here is a quote..

"Eighty to 90 percent of people are not negatively affected by drugs, but in the scientific literature nearly 100 percent of the reports are negative,” Dr. Hart said. “There’s a skewed focus on pathology. We scientists know that we get more money if we keep telling Congress that we’re solving this terrible problem. We’ve played a less than honorable role in the war on drugs.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/1...-choices-of-crack-addicts.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Look what the goverment did to the public perception of Marijuana.... .(racism. .and corporate profits helped too..)

Sure there are problems with drugs...there's problems with alcohol ..which are just as bad...but it's only a small % of the population that it affects as the Op stated

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Since taking custody of our granddaughter, who was born addicted to heroin, I have learned just how bad this epidemic is. It not only effects the family but also the community. The support that these drug addicts need to just maintain some semblance of a normal life costs the taxpayers a lot of money and overwhelms the social workers, clinics and support systems.
I never knew there were so many babies born addicted to drugs. Fortunately for us our granddaughter made it through three weeks of withdrawals in the ICU and another 6 months of withdrawals at home.
Now at 14 months she is a healthy, happy, beautiful and extremely intelligent little girl.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Since taking custody of our granddaughter, who was born addicted to heroin, I have learned just how bad this epidemic is. It not only effects the family but also the community. The support that these drug addicts need to just maintain some semblance of a normal life costs the taxpayers a lot of money and overwhelms the social workers, clinics and support systems.
I never knew there were so many babies born addicted to drugs. Fortunately for us our granddaughter made it through three weeks of withdrawals in the ICU and another 6 months of withdrawals at home.
Now at 14 months she is a healthy, happy, beautiful and extremely intelligent little girl.

Heroine is off the charts in Atlanta, especially in the more affluent neighborhoods. The sellers of the stuff are going into the richer areas of the city because the deals there are less dangerous then in the so call Ghettos of Atlanta, guess thats done that way in other large cities now. It is amazing how quiet that is kept these days,hmmm.