here we go again

always confused

Seasoned Expediter
more fear tactics using old data, partial selective use of avail facts. are there drivers out there with medical problems .. yes. but not as many as in the general population driving cars. must have been a slow news day. . .. .. ..

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It struck me that some of the violations the story mentioned were for drivers not having a medical card with them in the cab. That may only mean a healthy driver left his or her card at home. It is a paperwork violation, not necessarily a health risk.

Reporters who write skewed stories like this, in this case two AP reporters, often receive feedback from TWNA, the Truck Writers of North America. This is an organization of people who sponsor, edit and write for trucking magazines.

Providing feedback and information from a trucking point of view is an after-the-fact action to be sure, but TWNA does what it can to educate non-trucking journalists about the rest of the story.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Well i have to say that we all are out there very day and we see things that others don't,And i really think that this is a problem because if something happens in a commercial vehicle its 100 times worse than just 2 cars are lite suv's,Because of the wt and the length of the vehicle's.Yes again i think this is a growing problem...