Here I sit

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here I sit... Waiting for a load? Nope. Waiting to pass a kidney stone!! At least I am home. Had it move on me when I was out last week. Had a few of them so I am mostly ready.... I must say I hadn't had one in 5 or more years, so I am a little concern as to why another had presented itself to my attention. Those of you, who have never had the opportunity to have one of these little visitors, let me say that everything you have heard about the little stone is true. It will make a grown man cry and roll all over the place to find relief, relief that will not come until. it comes out or gets struck. I had a big’in get struck one time and they had to go in with a wire-mess basket to get it…Oh that was fun I must say! Quarter inch long shaped like the run of a rocking chair and had a few brothers and sisters alone for the ride. That one put me in the hospital for 6 days. When I came out of surgery, my wife, as they were rolling me into my room, said, “Look at the TVâ€! My lovely wife and sister went to the gift shop and purchased a sign with a stork caring a baby girl. The wording said, “ It’s a Girlâ€, my wife said we finely have a girl after three boys… Oh she is soooo funny!

In short drink plenty of fluids and pee as much as you can. Do not hold it. Gives time for the stuff to stick together and form the little stones. Flush yourself out as much as possible. Milk, cheese, tomatoes, green leafy veggies helps in the formation of kidney stones.

It becomes scary out here when a medical problem comes up. Now a kidney stone is nothing like other medical problems, but it will put you out of service.

Steady

"The windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror, because it is more important to see where you are going than where you have been"

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Good Luck with that. As I stated in my post, that just put me away last week for six days in the hospital in combo with infection. Crying does not describe what those make a man do.

Raceman
OTR O/O

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
I've heard the best way to keep these from forming is to drink plenty of stuff with citric acid and such (lemonaide ect) i guess these break down the stones. Is it true or not i dont know. But i love lemonaide so i hope its true.

There is a kid (well 20ish) on my car forum that is having another one of these pass.

Sounds like no fun. I hope this never happens to me or anyothers.

Get well soon so you can get those wheels-a-turnin...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I passed one about 10 years ago,worst pain I have ever felt. I was on the floor in our bedroom at 0400 while my wife called for first aid. Women have said it is worse then childbirth.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I feel for all of ya, I have had 2 and I take pain pretty good but I was left in the fetal position crying for my mom, couldn't move or breath. I also had a woman tell me she had stones and child birth would take child birth anytime (she was also my uroligist). I couldn't fathom having a kidney infection on top of that.
Mike and Cyn

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been There,Done That, Got the T-Shirt!

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yea man, worst pain ever felt. I haven't had one in about 8 yrs. The most common kind is called calcium oxcilate due to lack of hydration. Diuretics like coffee and certainly colas are the worst. I have no idea about other soft drinks, except that I don't drink them much anyway.
A urologist once told me wine is good, but beer not too bad. Keep your system flushed out is the main idea. It is recommended to drink a gallon of water per day: but if you can do that, you're a better man than me. My rule of thumb: 2- 20 oz. coffees, and I better mix in water with that. I don't even go out small game hunting anymore, without at least a bottle of water.