HELP US DECIDE

DOWNEASTER

Expert Expediter
HI EVERYONE, WIFE AND I LIVE IN ROCKY MOUNT, NC. RIGHT ON I-95. WONDERING HOW OFTEN WE COULD GET HOME AND FOR HOW LONG. SOUNDS LIKE WE MAY BE IN A BAD AREA FOR GETTING HOME. I READ WHERE WEAVE RUNS THE EAST COAST I THINK. IF YOU SEE THIS I SURE WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH YOU, ANY OTHERS THAT CAN HELP WOULD BE GREAT TOO. WHAT IS AN AVERAGE INCOME FOR TEAMS DRIVING FOR AN O/O? IS NOW A GOOD TIME TO GET STARTED?....THANKS FOR ANY HELP..STAY SAFE ALL!;-)

paperback1

Expert Expediter
you should be able to get home every 2-3 weeks, now is usaly slow till mid feb, and a good running team should be able to make $150,000.00, if you go to a company that has the freight for teams:+

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
it depends alot on who you work for or with, as how is freight for getting out of home, for fedexcc that would be a good area, but for some other company that might not be a good area it's hard to say,
all load's seem to always go away from no matter who you work for
you have to make a plan on how you are going to run and play by ear
as it's like fishing some day's you feed the fish and other days you
catch the fish

DOWNEASTER

Expert Expediter
THANKS GUYS....WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM ANY OTHERS WILLING TO HELP. ALSO, DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT MAINLY RUNS THE SOUTHEAST-MIDWEST REGION? THE 150K YR SOUNDS REAL GOOD BUT IS THAT UNREALISTIC AND HOW MANY MILES TO EARN THAT? THANKS AGAIN..THIS IS A VERY INFORMATIVE SITE AND YOU ALL SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP OTHERS..BY THE WAY.ARE YOU GUYS ON THE ROAD WRITING THESES MESSAGES.......JUST COURIOUS.......BE SAFE....DOWNEASTER:)

paperback1

Expert Expediter
NOPE, I QUIT DRIVING ABOUT 2YRS AGO, BUT I KNOW TST DOES A LOT OF FREIGHT OUT OF CHARLETT,NC AND SC BUT I THINK TRI-STATE AND FED EX WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You also could check with Nation's Express (Charlotte) and Allstate Express (near Greensboro). They both say they're good companies with growing freight. I'll bet you could also do as good or better with Panther II or LEA.

About that $150,000 - don't hang your hat on that. With just starting out, a lousy time of year to do it, a lousy economy now, and allowing time to learn the business and the peculiar ways your company helps (hinders) you, you ain't gonna see that $150k.

Being realistic, assuming you work 3 weeks a month, take everything offered while you learn the business, and are willing to be pro-active in dead-heading to locations that have freight, you should expect an average of $2500-3500 for a team in a D unit. Sure, you'll have weeks when you do better and weeks when you do worse. This figure is more for planning your business, with better weeks being gravy. I wish you lots of gravy.

Vernon

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
HEY DOWNEASTER...LIKE I SAID IN THE OTHER POST..WE LIVE IN ROCKY POINT, AND WE ARE DELIVERING IN NC MORE THAN WE CAN AFFORD TO GO HOME. WE SEEM TO DELIVER ALOT AROUND RALEIGH, BURLINGTON, WINSTON-SALEM, CONCORD-KANNAPOLIS. WE DRIVE FOR CON-WAY NOW AND ARE VERY HAPPY THERE. TAKE CARE.

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm with FedEx,and get to Roanoake and Washington and some points in between fairly often. This year in a real good week as a team we did about 3200. There weren't too many of those weeks. An average might be more like 2000. I don't think we ever did any better than 3200 but have done worse than 2000.FedEx says you will average about .92 cents per mile,and thats been fairly accurate for me, trouble is getting enough freight to get enough miles to make it worth while. This is as an owner operator. if you drive for someone else,figure on 60% of that money minus fuel.(which is very expensive right now!)

Dice

Expert Expediter
Nation's Express in Charlotte, NC

2 words about this company

SLOW PAY!!!!!

Has signs of financial troubles. Better stay away!