Help me find some financing on a Cargo Van!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
> See one
>shouldn't comment on such things until they know the whole
>story, whether sad or not.

If you don't want people to comment on things, don't post your life story on a public forum. We didn't need to know the details, all you had to say was you had bad credit, and needed to find someone who would finance you. YOU made the decision to share all the details of your misfortune.

> I just wanted to get back into my own truck,
>but will still keep driving the eighteen wheeler. I gross
>$915 a week with it, and am home every day. Paid health,
>medical, dental, and optical insurance. 401K plan. I must be
>crazy to want to want to become a cargo van owner. You have
>seem to talk me right out of the idea. Thanks for all the
>help.

Hm...... You want to give up $915 a week, home every day, benefits... to become a cargo van owner.............. and you say you 'must be crazy'... and the people here have talked you out of it???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't even know how to answer that. All I can say is, if you can't make it on what you have, with paid benefits, what on EARTH would make you think you could make it WITHOUT them on a cargo van driver's pay? All ya need is some medical bills to knock ya right out!

I think you should thank everyone who made ANY coment you considered negative, or discouraging, and made you not want to do this. 'In my opinion' you don't have a clue what it takes to be successful in this business. Owning a semi, leased to a regular company, and letting someone else drive it, is a far cry from scratching your bucks from a van. Believe me, I've driven a van AND a truck out here, it takes more than just 'knowing how to drive'.. you have to know THIS business, not driving in general... Expediting and Regular trucking are 2 different animals.

To succeed out here, you have to have a secure financial base to fall back on, knowledge of the industry, willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions AND the results of them, good OR bad, a good attitude, a strong will, and thick hide. You don't seem to be scoring to high on any of these. Maybe you shoud stick to being a 'Company Driver', it suits you better

Pansies, wimps, and crybabies need not apply. Momma's not gonna be here to wipe your bloody nose, dry your little tears, and yell at the big bad man who hurt your widdle feelins.

[font color="red"]Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are simply the opinions of one grouchy long haired ol fart, and as such, should not be construed as legal advice, or the accepted opinions of anyone else who doesn't hear the voices.[/font]

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
For the deal with the T/T, it sounds to me you are much better off sticking with that than getting a van, even with the hassles of driving it. To be home every day and have insurance is just about priceless.
-Weave-

brewster1958

Expert Expediter
I cannot believe you are a owner, or a driver. You definetly spend too much time on here. I do like how you take parts of a letter, and single them out, and make jesters about them. Yes, perhaps I should remain a company driver. Forget the headaches, taxes, working on the equipment, worrying about drivers screwing up your equipment. When you said something about having a driver in the truck, which is true, I also had another truck for which I was driving at the same time. Leased to a very respectable carrier, that I can imagine you pass everyday, and it wasn't Schneider, Swift, or JB Hunt. Yes, perhaps I gave out too much information. I will keep it under my hat next time. I will not ask for help anymore from people. God is the only one to give me direction in life. Thank you all for helping me out with everything. I really appreciate everything you have helped me out in making up my mind. Have a great day!

brewster1958

Expert Expediter
Thanks Weave for all you have said, and done for me. I am sticking to the T/T job. I just recieved my paycheck today, and now am getting the per diem pay for every trip I do, which is about $190 per week more. Now making my checks gross, well over $1,000 a week. Brought home $717 this week alone. Thanks for all the help. Thanks for putting up with me. Have a great day!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Your comment to dreamer was uncalled for. It's not really any of your concern how much time ANY of us spend here! We've all tried to help you in one way or another but you are not open to constructive criticism. You brought this criticism on yourself by telling us far more than we ever needed to know about your personal situation, as dreamer said, this IS a PUBLIC forum! It's probably a very good idea for you to limit your asking of help to God, but for your own good, please be certain that you can hear His responses to you, He might not tell you what you want to hear either! The truth will set you free. As far as I'm concerned this thread has been bantered back and forth long enough, nothing is getting accomplished.

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If just one member would ask me to lock this thread, I would gladly grant his or her wishes? Peace to all and remember to have fun out there!!!

I was to fast at clicking the buttons. As I was typing this reply and asking about locking this thread I received an email asking me to do that very thing. So I will grant their wish and lock it up.

Here is a part of the email I receive = possibly locking that thread? Opinion, please. I can't lock it cause it's not in the loading dock

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hey Tony, how's about locking this thread, it's worn out!!

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD