Help! Help!

mPop1979

Active Expediter
First of all hello! My name is Sergio...
I did read some of the discutions in the open forum and i realize that i made the "bad" move in starting time in this business.
Here i go: i own a 2011 sprinter and i did sign with Fedex critical..with them u must be exclusive...i just started in this business so please have patience... I just want to make my home work and find out about other expedite companies that i can start working with, in case that fedex is not good for me. In order to have my own authority i just need to get a DOT #...all good...want to pick 4-5 companies that they don't want to be exclusive and be on my own...single, no obligation and ready for work; love to drive...like i said i want to pick 4-5 companies to call when looking for a load...thank you in advance and please help... Anything helps!!!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
First of all hello! My name is Sergio...
I did read some of the discutions in the open forum and i realize that i made the "bad" move in starting time in this business.
Here i go: i own a 2011 sprinter and i did sign with Fedex critical..with them u must be exclusive...i just started in this business so please have patience... I just want to make my home work and find out about other expedite companies that i can start working with, in case that fedex is not good for me. In order to have my own authority i just need to get a DOT #...all good...want to pick 4-5 companies that they don't want to be exclusive and be on my own...single, no obligation and ready for work; love to drive...like i said i want to pick 4-5 companies to call when looking for a load...thank you in advance and please help... Anything helps!!!

I'm a multi-company guy myself. Only way to go. But 4-5? That's too much. Impractical. I think 3 is enough for anybody, and that's a lot of hassle. There are days when there are lots of vans sitting around, and your companies are calling you with bids, and your phone won't stop ringing. In some circumstances, you might get a dozen calls without winning a bid. And that's in addition to the daily check call from each. The more companies you're signed on with, the more calls. Many of them when you're trying to sleep. When one calls with a bid offer and you tell them to place the bid, you have to tell other companies when they call that you're waiting for a call back from another company so you can't entertain their bid offer.

Realistically, 3 companies is about as thin as you can stretch yourself.
--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

mPop1979

Active Expediter
Thank you much for ur input; ok...3 sounds good...can you please name 3 best companies that i need to contact in the future? I know that you can say that they r more best companies and depends of my need witch one is consider best; but just tell me, name me 3 companies from the top of your mind...thank you...

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
I drive for 4 different companies right now. Four is doable but like previously said, it can get crazy with all the phone calls and making sure you communicate with all the carriers when loads are being bid for you. When you run for multiples you will also need to carry 1,000,000 liability and 100,000 cargo insurance. You will have more paperwork, mailing and faxing BOL's and tracking everything to make sure you are being paid properly. This works for me and my business plan but keep in mind I only have two months of experience doing this so, take it for what it is worth.

Many days I think it would be much easier to just sign on with Panther, Load1, FedEx etc. But like I said this fits my business plan. As for which companies, do your research talk to a bunch of carriers, research pay history and threads on this site and narrow it down to the 2 to 4 you feel comfortable with.

If you are signed on with FedEx right now my advise would be to stay put, give them 110% and research things for 6 months before making any moves.

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Thank you much for ur input; ok...3 sounds good...can you please name 3 best companies that i need to contact in the future? I know that you can say that they r more best companies and depends of my need witch one is consider best; but just tell me, name me 3 companies from the top of your mind...thank you...

There's a website for CIS Insurance that lists several companies that don't mandate exclusivity. Don't have the actual address.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

mPop1979

Active Expediter
I'm trying CIS insurance on googe; u will be very surprise to see how many different insurance companies they gave me; any more informations? CIS stands for?