hello to all,newbie here ready to

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
nice to talk to all of you all my name is zane i race motocross professinally and due to recent injuries need to seek some other source of income have been in the ic buisness befor but just seeking a mentor on questions i may have about the cardinal rules of expediting like what is a cpm that you should refuse and decent numbers,and fsc how does that work ,am hoping to start within the next week have options but i dont know if i would be getting rippd in the bum or doin okay have been doing as much research as i can on here but any feedback and help would be amazing thanks..oh yea have a 07 chevy 1ton...

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
There are no cardinal rules as far as I know. Everyone's costs are different.

Are you close to settling on a carrier? Have you talked to any yet?

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
i have talked to a bunch just weighing the options a plus.on dekk,try hours,to name a few im not to sure on what to look for tho i know the cpm are important but id give a few to know that the carrier im goin to sign on with is giong to help me learn and look out for my best interest with becoming sucessfull at this buisness...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Carrier gonna help you learn?? Not in this business,Their goal is to move freight. Nothing else. The carriers you mentioned are what i call the small carriers,the are a good place to get your feet wet. I myself run for a small carrier,for the most part it works for me,van is paid for,no house payment or rent to pay.If I had these then this carrier wouldn't work for me and I would be at a larger carrier.