Hello All,

FOTR2001

Seasoned Expediter
Was doing some checking and now I wonder? Can Some one explain to me the Differance in the B CDL trucks??? see the classes and some with single axle and some with Tandum Axle or Lift-Axles...Trying to read what make each one a special unit, I am now studying and learning the B-CDL....I mostly like the International or Freightliner Century......so these are the two am working on for my own truck.....All information will be greatly thanks.....God Bless and Safe Miles on the Open road.......

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Class B trucks are the same for the most part, some have axles that can be picked up for better fuel mileage and savings in tolls in some states. Depending on the weight of the load or shipper/receiver requirements the extra axle may be needed at times.

patperkins

Seasoned Expediter
Re:Finding Loads/Backhauls

:)Just started expediting in August. I love it! I am happy with the company I work for and am learning the business. A question that I would like to ask is:
What are the "hot" cities for finding and moving freight?
I live in Cleveland and work for a company based here as well. Primarily delivering to states in the east such as Ohio, New York, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan. As with most expediters I don't like waiting long for back hauls. If I'm only 300 miles from home base I know I can double back and p/u a load back in Cleveland. Any suggestions would be helpful.

FOTR2001

Seasoned Expediter
I see, what am asking is what are ( C-Unit, D-Units)....I know what you saying as for back-Loads, Sometime have to wait for the good ones.....Notice always alot coming out of the North-East States to go west.......Anyhow....I'am looking to go ( I think) its a D-Unit....And start out with a Team and have someone show me the ropes for about 1 yr then want get my own truck......

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Good rule of thumb: If it bends in the middle, you need a class A, otherwise a Class B will work.

That is, if the truck requires a CDL at all.