health insurance

Murphinbflo

Expert Expediter
I hope you people don't mind stupid questions. It seems great to be your own boss as an O/O and so on. What do you people do when it comes to health insurance. Do some companies offer it or are you mainly on your own.If not where does one begin to look for health insurance as an O/O.

Thanks in advance for your help

Al in Buffalo

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I hope you people don't mind stupid questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask
>It seems great to be your own boss as an O/O and so on. It is!!! No one standing over your shoulder telling you what to do, or when to do it. Run the way you feel fit. Enjoy the open free country
> What do you people do when it comes to health insurance? Basically you will be responsible for getting your own health insurance. Most of the companies have underwriters that offer group rates as an alternative.

>Do some companies offer it or are you mainly on your own. You are mainly on your own. The leasing company can't offer it to you under their umbrella because you're not an employee.
>If not where does one begin to look for health insurance as an O/O. A good place to find great rates on your own would be by joining ODDIA @ ooida.com. They are a very good choice, or also through NASE @ nase.org
>
>
>Thanks in advance for your help Keep coming back to the site we like it! BIG AL in BUFFALO!!!
>
>
>Al in Buffalo

Murphinbflo

Expert Expediter
Thanks for your answers Tony, I'll look into those two options.And thanks for the other positive remarks also

Al in Buffalo