Health Insurance

RandyB

Expert Expediter
Hello everyone,
Would you please share information with me on what you I.C. Drivers do for health insurance? I need companies to contact for a family plan package. Doctors visits, perscriptions, hospital care....
I live in western New York. What kind of oney am I looking at? Thank You in advane for your help. God Bless -RandyB

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Randy: You may want to get a quote of OOIDA. You have to be a member, but their magazine (Land Line) is worth it.

Drive Safe

paperback1

Expert Expediter
new york state has insurance plans for the self employed, i can't remember the name, but if you go online you could findit

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I use Mega Life out of Texas,High deductible but premiums are not too bad and they have a prescription card. They can be reached at 1-800-527-5504. OOIDA has recently suspended their plans and are looking for another company. But it is a very worthwhile organization to belong to.If you ever need an attorney who knows transportaion issues they can put you in touch with one. If you have a lease problem they can help you. Good folks out there and LandLine is probably the best trucking magazine available.