He didn't do it!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
45 years! This man served 45 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

I'll bet he's glad Michigan doesn't have a death penalty.

Murder charges dropped against man who served 45 years

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
When I see stories like the OP I wonder if the person is truly innocent ( didn't actually do it) or just deemed innocent (not guilty) in a court of law due to evidence being dismissed or other factors.
If it's the former, then they should give him a boat load of money.
With OJ's case, it was all about jury nullification. A guilty man walked free and was deemed innocent due to other factors.
But at least with the OP story the Prosecution appeared to have flimsy evidence to convict him. The story doesn't give all the details of the case though.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

When I see stories like the OP I wonder if the person is truly innocent ( didn't actually do it) or just deemed innocent (not guilty) in a court of law due to evidence being dismissed or other factors.
With OJ's case, it was all about jury nullification. A guilty man walked free and was deemed innocent due to other factors.
But at least with the OP story the Prosecution appeared to have flimsy evidence to convict him. The story doesn't give all the details of the case though.

OJ did it.... we all know that. However, the prosecution couldn't prove it's case, nuff said.

In the Richard Phillips case, he didn't do it.....
Phillips, who was sentenced in October 1972 to life in prison, was convicted along with co-defendant Richard Palombo of the murder of Gregory Harris, based on testimony from the victim’s brother-in-law. Seven years ago, Palombo told the parole board he and the brother-in-law killed Harris, and that he didn’t even know Phillips at the time.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

OJ did it.... we all know that. However, the prosecution couldn't prove it's case, nuff said.

Phillips, who was sentenced in October 1972 to life in prison, was convicted along with co-defendant Richard Palombo of the murder of Gregory Harris, based on testimony from the victim’s brother-in-law. Seven years ago, Palombo told the parole board he and the brother-in-law killed Harris, and that he didn’t even know Phillips at the time.
So whatever a defendant says at a parole board is the truth?

Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Prosecution in OJ trial proved their case. OJ jury said we don't care that you did. He's going free anyway. Nuff said.