has a question

mudtruck34

Expert Expediter
has just come back being our for 2 weeks with new o/o truck
its great but has a couple of problems i am having with lead driver
guy is a real nice guy but these 2 things are driving me nuts
1 he seems he cant drive stick too save his life he starts out in 4th hits 5th then goes too 7th without enoungh rpms or speed then for some reason just stopps on road and goes back too 4th
and its hard too try and sleep in the bunk during this feels like a milkshake
2 no matter where we are when i go back into bunk i can wake up a few hours later and he has gotten us lost again,granted i got lost a few times but has never gotten off highway at same spot over and over again

not sure what too do wants too try at it for a few more months too see if it has changed or might go with a different o/o
and this is my frist time over the road and he only has 2 months otr
so we get a hazmat load he doesnt know what too do im trying too remember what i learned in tds
but other than that i love it its great driving
cant wait too buy my own truck

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You need to tell the o/o about his shifting and getting lost. He's going to cost him another transmission. This driver obviously needs alot more practice shifting, and plotting his route before the truck moves. Not getting sleep is one thing, but this guy sounds dangerous.

My nephew got in the truck having never driven one. And within a couple hours was a top notch shifter. My co-driver before him, however, was not meant to drive a truck otr. He did ok driving, and that part was improving. However, he took the wrong expressway on the 401 TWICE, when he knew we were going to Buffalo. He may have been nervous, since he was just starting.

But this guy has been out for awhile, it sounds like. He may not have the sense it takes to operate a truck. And like I said, that sounds dangerous until he improves. Talk to the o/o about him. And if he doesn't do anything about it, find another o/o.