Birthday! Happy Birthday MARINES

JarHeadJon

Seasoned Expediter
235 years and still going strong!

The new commandant of the Corps, Gen. Jim Amos, congratulated the troops in a recent birthday message, lauding Marines' past heroism and ongoing efforts, particularly in bringing greater stability to Iraq.

"Locations such as Fallujah and Ramadi have taken their place in the illustrious battle history of our Corps. Our efforts in defeating the insurgency helped to build a brighter future for all Iraqis," Amos wrote. "For 235 years, at sea and ashore, Marines have succeeded in every clime and place . . . where hardship and adversity have often been the common thread."
The Marines earned their nickname of "devil dogs" from the Germans they fought during World War I. The Marines' three core values have always been honor, courage and commitment, he continued, which set the branch apart from the other military services.

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL YOU JARHEADS, LEATHERNECKS, and DEVIL DOGS, wherever the H&LL you are in the world this day!!!!

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Happy Birthday you ..........

Uncle Same Misguided Children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spent the day with bunch of SQUIDS in Norfolk. lol:D

OOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAHHHHHHH is right GOLFOURNUT!!!

Last edited:

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
I just realized I am old enough to cut the cake and share it with the YOUNGEST Marine.....Where has the time gone!!!!! :rolleyes:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
My last Ball was in 1969 Barcelona Spain when I did a stint with 6th fleet.
Always celebrate tho, been to a lot of birthday parties. But if you ever get an op to go to a Ball, by all means go. You'll be glad you did.:D

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Where are all The Leathernecks tonight??????? My last ball would have been 1992.....but I was a bit busy doing Uncle Sam's work ............. Leathernecks throw the BEST BALLS....party's that is!!!!!!!!!!! :D