Had the Lasik Eye Surgery

are12

Expert Expediter
and everything went very well. No need to wear glasses all the time and I love it!! Just need my reading glasses, which I don't mind that at all.

Of course, my 8 month old grandson misses the glasses, now he has nothing to grab at.:+ :+

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
If you dont mind me asking, what was your vision with glasses and what was your vision without glasses (before lasik)? and what is it now after lasik?

are12

Expert Expediter
<<<<<If you dont mind me asking, what was your vision with glasses and what was your vision without glasses (before lasik)? and what is it now after lasik? >>>>>>

Sorry it took so long to answer but I could not remember what my vision was at, before the surgery, so I had to call my optometrist.

Before lasik: without glasses 20/40, with glasses 20/20. After lasik:
without glasses 20/25.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you have severe astigmatism or something also? 20/40 is hardly bad eyesight. Not perfect yes, but really not all that bad either.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

are12

Expert Expediter
No other problem with my eyes, other than going from needing glasses every 2 to 3 years to every year. Getting the lasik done was just to correct my distance, since I was to the point of wearing glasses all the time. Now I am back to just wearing the reading glasses.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, doesn't seem like you could go through that many glasses with 20/40. I have very bad astigmatism combined with about 20/100 uncorrected so new glasses was nothing new for me. I have thought about this procedure but will probably wait several more years before doing anything.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
The reason I was asking, is because I spoke to a lasik doctor and he told me, if all I could see is 20/40 with glasses, the only correction I will achieve is 20/40 after the procedure. In other words lasik wont give me 20/20 if all i can see is 20/40 with glasses.

are12

Expert Expediter
Leo,

My doctor suggested getting it done now, before my eyes got worse, so this way the correction would be easier. They claim, by the time my eyes completely heal, my vision will be 20/20. If not, they may have to do some fine tuning down the road. They claim I will not have any problems with being nearsighted as I get older so, if that is true, I will be content with wearing reading glasses.:) :)

are12

Expert Expediter
Rfrogger,

That I know nothing about. Have you talked with any other lasik surgeons?

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
My wife and I have both had it done. She did it in '02, myself in '03. She and I've discussed this, Hands down, the best money we ever spent. What a liberating feeling it is to be free of glasses, a feeling we both cherish and appreciate to this very day.:) :) :)