H/W Team question

PLX MICH

Seasoned Expediter
I have class B with all endorsements, and more than enough experience, and a clean record. What I am trying to find out is My wife has a Class B permit, clean record but no experience. Are there any companies which would 1) allow us to co drive so she can get experience, or 2)If she has her actual CDL allow us to team with her having no experience?
Thanks to all who answer and have a great day!!

abcwine

Expert Expediter
PLX MICH,
Good question...Yes and Yes would be the answers. There are companies out there that would have your wife drive with a learners permit, but the truck would count more towards a "super single". What this means, is that tecnically, the truck would be listed as a solo truck until she gets her hard copy. Legally, you would have to sit next to your wife while she drives with her cdl permit. Dispatch would then only give you primarily single truck runs. If your wife were to get her hard copy cdl, the truck would right away be listed as a team truck and would qualify for the long hauls. Good thing to do is to check around and find out what companies require what qualifications.

Good Luck and yes there is hope for ya,

ABC

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
Pretty similar response here. If your wife has her class B CDL she could be a full team member right from the start, regardless of her experience. With a permit however she would accompany you as a passenger who could practice with the truck when not under a load. I am afraid we no longer do the "super single" or as we called them "15 hour teams".