Greetings from Buffalo West Virginia !!!

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
Hello to All... I'm sitting at a TA right off of 64 about 15 miles up the road from the Toyota Plant in Buffalo WV. I'm trying to find a load heading towards Indy or outlying areas. I've burned up the phone looking for expediting opportunities around this area with no luck. I've been on Panther open load board and CHRW Trucks and nothing available up till now. I've got a 08 GMC 3500 extended Cargo Van with Dura Max ready to go to work!!! 130" L x 50" W x 48 H. If anybody has any advice on how to get on a load I would greatly appreciate it !!! Thank You.

PS- I have my own authority with 1 mil / 1 mil general liability / 100k cargo

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Is that the only two you are set up with? how many trucks you running? magic doesn't happen on an open form very often but there are dispatchers reading so you never know. 889241 is that you?

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
Is that the only two you are set up with? how many trucks you running? magic doesn't happen on an open form very often but there are dispatchers reading so you never know. 889241 is that you?

Yes Crich that is my MC #... Sorry for the delay. I actually just landed a load picking up in Blacksburg Va going to Lima Ohio. Thank You for replying. I appreciate everything you offer to us newer owner operators!!! I'm outta here. Yeah

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
A single, cargo van motor carrier?

My suggestion is lease it to a national expedite carrier or hire a freight sales team, safety and compliance manager, accounts payable, accounts receivable, load planning, operations manager and a dispatcher.

Here's a phone list of expedite trucking carriers we recommend:

Phone List of America's top Expedited Carriers

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Yes Crich that is my MC #... Sorry for the delay. I actually just landed a load picking up in Blacksburg Va going to Lima Ohio. Thank You for replying. I appreciate everything you offer to us newer owner operators!!! I'm outta here. Yeah

Just read this. That would've been my suggestion to relocate to.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
yep that's a good list of contacts to start with but when you call them make sure to inform them you have your own authority and just want to haul the loads that pay your rates.

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter

My suggestion is lease it to a national expedite carrier or hire a freight sales team, safety and compliance manager, accounts payable, accounts receivable, load planning, operations manager and a dispatcher.

Yes Sir. We are new and small compared to others. We have high hopes and expect to be a multi-million dollar company very soon. We started our business out of a garage LOL...

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
yep that's a good list of contacts to start with but when you call them make sure to inform them you have your own authority and just want to haul the loads that pay your rates.

I am set up with 3 companies on that list... With that being said I have seen very little freight opportunity with them as an outside carrier. Personally, CHRW has been a really good fit for us. Thanks to you Crich we got set up with the boys in Flint. I also stopped in to the local office and introduced myself to several CHRW Team member. I asked one guy if they were setup on Sylectus and he answered "what is that?" My maiden voyage with CHRW was a 1k mile run that paid north of $2.00 p/m. The CHRW rep informed me that I was moving freight for a brand new customer and said this load could lead to future opportunities for both of us. I am really impressed with the company culture at CHRW. Every person I have ever talked to at CHRW have been nothing but helpful. Thanks Again...

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I am set up with 3 companies on that list... With that being said I have seen very little freight opportunity with them as an outside carrier. Personally, CHRW has been a really good fit for us. Thanks to you Crich we got set up with the boys in Flint. I also stopped in to the local office and introduced myself to several CHRW Team member. I asked one guy if they were setup on Sylectus and he answered "what is that?" My maiden voyage with CHRW was a 1k mile run that paid north of $2.00 p/m. The CHRW rep informed me that I was moving freight for a brand new customer and said this load could lead to future opportunities for both of us. I am really impressed with the company culture at CHRW. Every person I have ever talked to at CHRW have been nothing but helpful. Thanks Again...

for future reference please do not promote selectus they are not for small carriers and would not accept you being a one truck operation so why help them? my goal is to simply help other small
time operations get a grip on what a fair rate is. keep up the good work at ch you are in good hands. I have had 20k months with them just pimping 1 cargo van. the flint team is an excellent start but keep in mind they have several thousand agents.I promote the flint team because they are available 24hrs a day and any emails we can stop from getting into the carriers that get $2 just to put it on a owner op for .85 the better off we all will be.

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
for future reference please do not promote selectus they are not for small carriers and would not accept you being a one truck operation so why help them? my goal is to simply help other small
time operations get a grip on what a fair rate is. keep up the good work at ch you are in good hands. I have had 20k months with them just pimping 1 cargo van. the flint team is an excellent start but keep in mind they have several thousand agents.I promote the flint team because they are available 24hrs a day and any emails we can stop from getting into the carriers that get $2 just to put it on a owner op for .85 the better off we all will be.

I agree Sir... The ironic part of it all is when I first started expediting I worked for a man who only required 300k personal vehicle insurance. Most of the freight I hauled was generated off the Selec Load Board. I'm talking loads brokered out of companies named Fed Custom, Panther, and Bolt.

Now that I have my own Authority and $1,000,000 Commercial Auto Insurance along with $1,000,000 GL and $100k Cargo I'm not good enough to move freight directly off Selec Load Board.

I will just hang on to that $250.00 per month and buy doughnuts for the CHRW Crew! LOL

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's just what they need in the network is CHRW keeping things honest lol.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Read the novel" how to retire with a million dollars in the trucking biz"

Oh yea start with 3 mil.

I wish I had that enthusiasm still now I just hope to retire alive!

Last edited:

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
That was a joke... I was spoofing that tv commercial about Microsoft and Apple being started our of a garage!
Trust me, I know what I'm up against being the small guy playing in the big boys sandbox. One load at a time...

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy

Or if you don't want to be burdened wit all that stuff you can hire someone like foley carrier services to all the compliance crap for you. www.foleyservices.com and just concentrate on your core business of moving freight. cost for the drug program is like $100 per year per driver. they do log auditing and driver background checks everything you need to stay compliant.
they also do factoring don't know what the rate is for that cause I stick to fast paying outfits anyway