Goodbye Streets and Trips, Hello Street Atlas USA

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just got this package yesterday. It routes your trip for you and shows you the time and distance to each turn as well as the time and distance remaining to your destination. If you click an area on the map you can click a box and get a listing of all the FM or AM radio stations that have coverage in that area. It will show you all sorts of POI's for any given area. It will work with a GPS puck but can't be set for truck height/weight/length restrictions (that I know of). It seems to have a much fuller feature set than S/T. I'll know more as I learn to use it better and play with it more.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
RE: Goodbye Streets and Trips, Hello Street Atlas

I've used DeLorme and MS Streets for years. I upgrade the software almost every year.

In most cases I'll fire up both programs and see if there is any difference in the projected mileage. Most cases there is very little.

Each program has their own little foibles.

Having said that, my personal preference is to run DeLorme on the laptop with Streets running in the background just in case the directions don't make sense.

Be safe.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RE: Goodbye Streets and Trips, Hello Street Atlas

No, this is the 2008 version. It was on sale at Fry's and had a rebate also that makes it $20 net. I figured for 20 bucks I'd compare it to S/T and see what I thought. Thanks for the link to the user group though. I always like to know about user groups for anything I have.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.