Goodbye Copilot, Hello ProMiles

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've just installed a program called ProMiles on my computer. It provides routing by your choice of practical (default), shortest, interstate and national network routes. It lets you tell it about your truck weight, axles, length etc. so it knows what restrictions apply to your unit. On toll roads it tells you the toll amount. I have not confirmed that yet as I can't remember the toll amount in any specific place but you at least know where you will have to pay tolls and probably the correct amount. It updates fuel prices each time you tell it to and will notify you when you should be about due for a fuel stop. It does a ton of things the Copilot doesn't do and it uses the same mapset at the Tom Tom GPS units so it should recognize almost any address you put into it. It uses the same GPS puck as Copilot so you don't have to spend money on a new puck. The only thing it doesn't do, but will in about 60-90 days at the next update, is talk to you while you drive. You have to look at the map to get the next turn direction until that update comes out. I hope to be back on the road in a couple of days and will test it real world but have to say that messing with it at the kitchen table it looks like a HUGE improvement.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a good question. I got it through a show special promotion as well as a competitive upgrade promotion as well as not needing to buy the gps puck and I paid $495 for it. It is a prime example of "you get what you pay for" compared to Copilot which is some less money and a LOT less substance.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
I may download the demo and check it out.I have been pretty happy with my co-pilot truck.Also whats the exact name on the program you have.I see Promiles has a few different ones.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mine is Promiles XF Kingpin.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At a truckshow to get the show specials. I'm trying to get them to give a 'show special' to any forum member that mentions the forum but don't know if that will go anywhere or not.

EO Forum Moderator
----------