Good shop experience

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I took my van to an independent shop I'd had a good personal recommendation about. I wanted them to change the plugs, change the belts, flush the coolant and service the transmission. They did the first two but not the second two. They told me when they checked them the fluids were fine and everything was clean and didn't need to be done this go round. They could have just done them and charged me a lot more money. Instead they insured themselves a lot more money from my return visits and my referrals.

Yesterday my check engine light came on. I took it back to them. They used the scanner and determined it was a lean condition. They checked and found a loose vacuum hose, reattached it and added a clamp so it couldn't come loose again. Total charge, $0.

If I'd taken it to my friendly Chevy dealer I suspect there'd be a $50 charge for the one minute scan tool connection and check plus the 1/2 hour minimum labor charge.

Mustang Auto in Friendswood, TX.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
When I was O/O driving T/T I used Total Fleet Service on Rt 30 in Ft Wayne, IN. Quality work and decent shop rate. They jack up the front axle when they lube. Frame Service, also in Ft Wayne, did quality work at higher shop rate.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I had a good experience at King Fleet Services in Laredo, TX. These guys were able to repair my CV when they usually just work on trucks. Not to mention my van was at their shop and the freight had to be at the consignee so they put on a budget truck and we took it to the delivery.