Good Question ?

jlipps

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone, I’ve been reading the things here on EO for a few months now and everyone on here has been such a big help. Just wanted to give everyone a pat on the back but the reason I’m posting again is a small question? I’m going to start putting in for jobs, now that I got all my problems fixed (death in the family) is it uncommon for someone starting out to want to run team for a while to get used to the way thing are? And is there a lot of people out there that’s willing to put there necks out to give someone that opportunity because I’m the type of person that don’t go around saying I know everything because I don’t (log books is one of them) the job I had I never had to run one that’s the biggest thing I’m worried about but what I read on here is something to get use to. Just hopping someone can steer me in the right direction thanks for everthing.

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>RE a small question (and a great one).
I don't know if you have recent experience driving commercial as most expeditor outfits require you to have 6 months experience driving that size unit to operate solo. Frankly, that's a pretty good idea anyway.

It sounds like your best approach, after picking the company you will lease to, is trying to run team for about 6 months with someone else in their truck. This alone would answer most of your questions without requiring any investment except time on your part. I know FedEx CC keeps a list of drivers looking for a co-driver, and I would guess the others do too.

Vernon in C2197