Good bye

aileron

Expert Expediter
After almost 6 years at the Fed it was time for me to go.

What a ride! When I started, I made money, well, lots of them. Then the powers to be decided that we should get a flat rate fuel surcharge instead of 100% of it. Took a hit there. Then later on came the flat rate instead of percentage pay. This time I took a huge hit. And I hung in there for a couple of years, surviving, but I need to do better than just surviving.

So, I gave the 10 days notice the week before last. Now if I didn't know any better I would say that they wanted to make me feel bad for leaving them, since last week I ran more miles than any week in the last 2 years. Or, it might be just my luck, who knows. Knoxville to Indianapolis, back to Knoxville, dry run to Arkansas, then Knoxville to Chicago, then Chicago to Huntsville, then Nashville down to Atlanta. If they would have run me like this at least a week out of every month, I probably would still be there.

In all fairness, I cannot leave without saying this. The pay has always been on time and accurate. Only once in 6 years there was a problem with the pay on a load, and it was corrected right away. Also, they have negotiated the best insurance rates. In all these years I wasn't able to find a better rate anywhere else.

So, good luck to all of you FedExers out there, and be safe.

PS. Dale, you can remove my privilege of posting in the FedEx forum. :)

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I too have sent in my letter and given 10 days notice to cancel my lease. My last official day is tomorrow, however, I have been OOS since the end of June. My reasons for leaving are personal and family related.

Contrary to other posts that have appeared on EO both here and in the general forum, I have been most satisfied with my 7 ½ years with FDCC. Sure I have had disagreements with decisions and changes, but none that were insurmountable. I had very strong feelings in opposition to the new QC system and electronic logs. I held out to the very end before making the change. However, I regret holding out so long , as I liked the new system and the E-logs.

I have been treated fairly, with rare exception - I have been able to keep moving, I have always been paid what I was told I would be paid and it has always been on time – without exception.

I don’t know if I will be able to return to expediting again in the future. For now, it may very well be several years in the future. However, if I am, based on what I know today and have experienced in the past 7 ½ years, I would seek the opportunity to once again partner with FDCC.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Aileron. Good luck with wherever you end up!

Tim,

Sorry to see ya go, and sorry didnt get to see ya this week.

Good luck with your new endeavors.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
well looks like alot of us is leaving all be carefull and sucessful where ever you go. to the powers that be here please take us off this forum as we also left after 6 wonderful yrs.:)