going Rate

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
what is the going rate for a sprinter van ?

I currently charge 1.55 a mile for car deliveries
2.00 a mile for F 250 Pick up type and cargo van F150
Are you meaning a E150 cargo van? The absolute wrong and too light duty van for any commercial work. As far as rates go, there is no set rate, as many companies have different pay formulas. The rates that you say you are charging..are you a true owner operator, authority in your name, you paying every and all business expense, Including primary insurance? If so, you need to be charging more to be profitable.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinter/transit Van's for expedite need 3 pallet space with 3,000 pounds carry capacity. The 3 pallets space will get you loads faster.
It amazes me how many companies say they require a van to be 3 skid capacity, but yet, still hire 2 skid capacity vans....lol..

Having a 3 skid van does have so many advantages that those 2 skidders don't have. I do quite a few 3 skid loads, as long as those loads are direct delivery loads. I will not sleep in the front seat.

Courier logistics

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
the van is for local work between Dallas and Houston
light duty

the Pickup is for anything that will fit in the back bed as long as the shipper knows
usually 1 skid local within 150 miles

most of my work is car stats between Houston Dallas Austin

Last edited:

dji123kid

New Recruit
Researching
Not for vans but for 26’ box truck. Is there an average rate per mile? Or maybe the highest rate you’ve seen vs the lowest rate you’ve seen…