"gizmo" decision

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After a lot of research and quite a bit of time at the Dallas show I've decided to go with Idlebuster for my new truck. Deciding factors included the option for rooftop Coleman a/c, shorepower so I can have a/c or heat without burning diesel, automatic fire suppresion system just in case and direct drive for power generation giving significantly more power and no belt to break (which is the problem I have right now).

I'm also looking at an automatic greasing system by Groeneveld for the chassis as well as considering a Gulf Coast Filter system and/or a Spinnerz system.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
RE:

Leo,

I had the opportunity to work for Groeneveld for a few months as a Field Service Tech, and while the position wasn't a good fit for me, I have nothing but good things to say about their automatic lube system.

All of the components are very well engineered and will most certainly reduce maintenance costs over the life of the truck. One caveat: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use another brand of grease with the system! The grade of the Groeneveld grease is much lighter than what you will find in the field and adding a heavier grease will cause pump and distribution problems.

Now, if they could just figure out how to get the U-joints in the driveline and steering linkage to hook up to the system you'd never have to have a "grease job" again!!!

Rex

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
good to know

I'm glad to hear this report. When I was looking at the sample on display it looked very high quality. I'm glad to hear from someone who knows that that impression is correct.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
RE: good to know

We seen the idlebuster at the expo, and it might be a good alternative. We have a truckgen which is very simular and it has been pretty trouble free. Our runs a roof air as well. The idlebuster looked like a nice setup, and was reasonably priced at 6500 plus installation.

Davekc