GIVE ME AN O H I O! GO BUCKS

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Ok so the Buckeyes are still undefeated givin Purdue a 23-7 buttwhoopin. Any comments suggestions or rebuttles???

ShawnF
O/O

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
One comment WHEN ARE THEY GONNA PLAY A REAL TEAM?

Pretty soft schedule for so much O H I O hoop la...

I always pull for the big ten but please remember the closing game last year? Did the Big Ten not get well hoop la. Or am I incorrect did they actually win the National Championship.

Good your team is, but come on.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If you have been paying attention you would know that they played Purdue last night( previously 5-0 until that time) and nearly shut them out. As far as national championships go they got there and lost last year, that is true. They won it in 2002 . They are well on their way to doing great things this year. What is your point????

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Purdue was the number one rated offense in the country according to ESPN. Ohio State has the number one defense they said tho. Overall, we moved up to 3rd in the polls, after being as low as 8th.

I agree Purdue was the first real test, but I'm looking forward to see how our Bucks can do against Penn State this week. That should be a game!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would say at least 3 teams in the SEC, LSU, Florida and Auburn and possibly Tennesee and Alabama could handle Ohio State with ease. When the Buckeyes leave the big two conference and start beating real teams instead of cup cakes then you can brag. What was that score again last January in Phoenix.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Rich said >. What was that score again last January in Phoenix.

Yeah yeah.. LOL.. (ouch...:) ) The teams this year definately don't seem up to what we did last year.. but I still have to brag.. would be un-Ohioan!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

- Zig Ziglar

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
That was last January. Almost a year ago. Shesh Rich you're starting to sound like a Michigan fan. I'd say we could have a re-mach this year, but I don't think FL is tough enough to win their conference (so far 2-2 and 4-2 overall just in case you don't know). Maybe next year we can have this discussion again....but for now, it all has to be speculation as to who is the better team this year!

PS I still have a present for you! Be checking your mail. What I am sending you is authhentic Ohio merchandise baby!!!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Whats my Point;

If your gona come on here bragging be prepared to get opposite view points:

Rich said it best CUP CAKE Division.

I like the Big 10 anything to get excited over though? January will tell or maybee Micigan State, its always nice to see an upset game last years National Championship game was well anything but entertainiing.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Anyone have any doubts about the defense lately? Of course it was Kent State, not really a game to check viability, but I overheard an announcer say it's been the best defense since the 70's. Even better than the defense in 2001 when we won the "National Title" even when people said that Miami was going to beat Ohio State. Don't mean to brag this early in the season esp. since we havn't played Michigan yet. I still have faith in my team

"In Tressel We Trust"
GO BUCKEYES
SHAWNF
}>

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Great defense against that powerhouse Kent State. I guss the Big 2 teams are really worried.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
All they can do is play who is on the schedule. The key is that they won.

In response to Broompilot's post: Ohio State is 1 and 8 against SEC teams in bowl games. Should we stop backing them just because their success in the past has been limited? I am a fan in good times and bad.I am also a fan of all the Cleveland teams so if you think I can't take it when someone bashes my team, think again. Bring it on!!!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Ohio state,#1 in the nation.This after being picked in the preseason to do no better than third in the big ten.

Just goes to show you that the so-called "experts" are no better than weathermen when it comes to predicting outcomes.DD.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Well, there is ALWAYS the possibility of an upset no matter WHO you play. Who embarrassed Michigan this year??? Hmmmm....... there are still more games to play, at the end of the season, we'll find out how good thy really are!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Let me see if I got this straight. Bucks win, it's because they played a weak team, not because they're good. But, if the other team beats US.. then they're automatically a good team again. Is that right?

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

- Zig Ziglar

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
Dreamer thats what all the buck haters say but if your a Michigan fan its just a fluke that appy state beat Mi. and when the B U C K S beat them like they always do then its the coaches fault LOL

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
We may not be the best team out there, but we are ranked no. 1 and we are still undefeated! Personally, I would like to enjoy it while it lasts. Happy Valley is merely 5 days away!!