Getting started

tamoore

Active Expediter
Hi
We are a h/w team new to business.We have waited for kids to get grown & now are ready to hit the road.
We would like to start out driving a cargo van for a company rather than buying one,but can't find a company or owner hiring,everyone wants o/o.does anyone know some to point us to?
I have a class A cdl but my wife does not and I would rather stick to smaller vehicles.
Can someone help w/info please!!!
Thanks!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Look in the classifieds here, there are a few owners looking for van/Sprinter drivers. Go with the Sprinter.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

FOTR2001

Seasoned Expediter
Look in the classifieds here, there are a few owners looking for van/Sprinter drivers. Go with the Sprinter.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Well Been awhile :cool: but I'am back, Yeah I'am one was looking to get into Sprinter van.. Now got my A-CDL and doing alot of reading/study's on EXPEDITER!!! Glad I did this now I totally understand the business, While I've decided to go ( Straight Truck) my hard decision is the Van size??? but plan to get on with Tag-Axle so I'am reading the best van is the 24 foot??? that way if load is small still take it or if's big I can still load-up...all inputs are welcome...talking with an Owner-Operator with Fedex CC to try get on as an Entry Level and learn the trade with all my 100% and then buy my own truck...But I Love this page alot to learn from...God Bless ( God Is My PILOT)!!!!!! J.C.Frey ( Firehawk)...

tigerlily3

Seasoned Expediter
Hello,

I work for TriState Expedited Services. Been with the company over 3 yrs as a company driver and love it. I currently drive a semi but will be in the next year moving into an o/o position driving a straight truck. TriState Expedited Services, Inc. is a great company to subcontract with. They are so busy they don't have enough drivers to cover loads. I suggest to skip the van and go to a straight truck. Sleeping and resting conditions for a team would be rough in a van. Straight truck gives you more opportunity for better loads and more money earning potential.

Good Luck,
Tigerlily