Getting Started West Coast

blanc1955

Expert Expediter
I'm interested in getting into the expediter business. From what I gather from this forum most of the work is in the eastern area. I'm from Portland, Oregon, which is right on Interstate 5. Does anybody know of any expediters in this area? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to EO!

I don't know of any expedited carriers that are based in OR. However, many larger carriers have O/O's domiciled in western states.

Do you plan on running a same household team and in a straight truck or a tractor?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.

-----------------------------------------

newthead

Expert Expediter
Hey blanc 1955! I'm from Portlnd also. I have found that to expedite from here, you would need to be willing to stay out 4-6 weeks at least. I also found that driving a C unit or larger would get you back up this direction more often than a van(by far). Best of luck to you!

Newthead

blanc1955

Expert Expediter
Thank-you for the replies. I do not own my own rig, but want to try and get on with a O/O. I'm having trouble trying to find the right direction to look for people in this business. I'm willing to go out 4 to 6 weeks at a time, thats no problem. I take it that would mean most of your travels would be in the eastern part of the country. I used to haul furniture on the east coast, so I'm somewhat familar with that region. I guess it's getting started that's the hard part.