Getting Qualified

VBobby

Seasoned Expediter
Ok I have a class a cdl already. I know how to get the Hazmat endorsement and will do so soon.

I want to make myself available as a team driver and be as valuable as possible. How do you get T-Val and DoD qualified?

Bob

(BTW, my wife says that I am 'certifiable'. I'm not sure what she means.)

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
The first place I would start is with the Recruiter. Our Recruiter at FedEx was an invaluable resource. We'd never driven before so we weren't even sure we would like it. He got us in touch with a quality fleet owner and found us the truck. The fleet owner made all the arrangements for us to go to orientation. After 3 months of running really hard and keeping our numbers up, our fleet owner made arrangements for us to get a brand new TVal truck and sent us to WG training. Then after running WG for about 5 more months, we went to TVal training.

Since you are an O/O T/T you will need your own refer trailer and all the special WG equipment required. The place to get that list of equipment is from the Recruiter.

XTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Mypie,
Excellent advancement path! Thats the route we took too. When you show that you want to make money for yourselves, the truck owner and the company by keeping your stats up, you will find that you can get guidance and help along the way.
See you on the road..... Linda