Getting back to driving...

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
This doesn't have to do with expediting but I'm hoping I can get some advice. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I went to truck driving school in 05, drove OTR 53' Van for 6 months, took 6 months off then drove 6 months for Panther. That is the extent of my verifiable experience. Though I have driven trucks and various things since then. Well I'm currently unemployed and needing to find work so I thought well I'll go back driving. I want to do a dedicated run or regional work so I can stay closer to home, sounds simple enough right? Nope, I've talked to Marten, Con-Way, Fed-Ex, etc all want min 6 months RECENT experience, if not 1 year. Well how do I get that 6 month in the first place when no one will let me drive for them? I'm confused and lost - I can't afford to do the trainer thing again with Swifty, Weiner, Covenant, etc they only pay $300 or so a week making my situation worse than it is. I'd go back to Panther or even Fed-ex or any of them really but I don't want to be away from home too much at the moment and also not to many people are looking for solo drivers. Dunno anyone have any advice?

moose

Veteran Expediter
Try some local Co. :
American Logistics Services ,out of Cottage Grove , M.N
3M
also
Stan Coch
Transport Corp of America.
ATS from St cloud.
Let me know , as i have more options in the bag...

Moose.

Reactions: 1 person

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Moose thanks, have any more?

American Logistics Services ,out of Cottage Grove , M.N <---- Awaiting phone call, doesn't sound good
3M <---- No openings
also
Stan Coch <--- Still trying to find info
Transport Corp of America. <---- Trainer required $300/week
ATS from St cloud. <---- Nothing local, just 48 state
Let me know , as i have more options in the bag...

moose

Veteran Expediter
with Coch , you can ask for the Kmart regional ,in Shakopee
also :
frieght Masters , South St. Paul.(Concord St.)
Dinamic , (st. truck regional)
swift have a terminal in rosmount ,(not that i recomand them...)
if you are willing to do Wrap , then Bay&Bey ,(hwy 52x55)
maybe Tankers with Kayne ,(next to B&B)

Trucking Jobs in Minnesota

Let me know if you need more...

Moose.