gettin' online

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Ateam, do you have just one of the verizon wireless cards in one laptop? There is a way to use that verizon card and be able to run both computers online. They have routers that take the verizon card and then send it out like the WIFI at home so you can use both computers online and have one verizon card while on the road. I've been doing alot of research on this lately as i'm going to get this eventually as i think getting a wifi connection for like flying j is kinda pointless as i wont be parked at a J everyday, might not even be on for a few days and if i dont have my internet i get cranky :+

Also i'm guessing you have the external antenna with your Verizon card outside the truck? I was checking into that too. Its like 2 feet tall and think that there maybe some height issues with that.

romoore245

Expert Expediter
We use a sprint air card for our online service $80 month unlimted usage. Microsoft Streets with GPS for navigation, only a few streets they left out, some glitches you have to run the route a few times to make sure its true. The air card works well in the cities, but it slows down in the country, so we got a wilson repeater, it has an outside attenna that connects to an amp. That sends a boosted signal to the air card and our cell phones. It lets us use any of them in the truck in areas where there is no signal outside. Welcome to the tech headache days. The computer will always crash when you are fifteen miles to a diffuclt del. Good Luck

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
lots of ways to get on line
most of the time you can park near a motel and get on free,and i have tractor trailer,but if i cant find a free site, then i go to my friendly TSA, use my points card and sign in there.
If I can figure out how to do this,you should be able,I'm not a geek,but i do know how to mess up a computer,i've even screwed up the c-link(others call qual com),but i can draw a smiley face on it now
If i were in need of my lap top in motion, then for sure id have an air card,but I dont need it to talk on line. Alltel circle of friends,talk on cell,yes dispatch and main switchboard is in the circle
have great day

nightcreacher
oo fed ex cc
ooida 263839