Wondering if anyone has had experience with
General Truck Body, Inc.
1750 Albion Street
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (323) 276-1933
Fax: (323) 276-1932
http://www.gtbtrkbody.com/
They seem to be very helpful and came in with the lowest bid for a body. They also seem to have no problem with custom work (I'm tired of the Supreme Morgan etc "we build this" answer)and claim to have a 5-10 day delivery time (yes days NOT weeks) which blows the big guys out of the water. I talked to the owner, Peter Lee, who was recomended by my friend Pat Durkin of Carmenita Truck Center (Volvo)and he seems like a great guy. My question is how do their boxes stack up against the big boys.

I had also talked to Rodger Hess, owner of
Marathon Industries
Phone: 888.286.1520
FAX: 661.286.1533
25655 Springbrook Ave.
Santa Clarita, California 91350
http://www.marathontruckbody.com/index.html
really nice and helpful, they seem to thrive on custom work. The Marathon bid was 2nd low.

Both of these small shops are thousands of dollars less than I was quoted for Supreme, Morgan and Kidron. Am I paying for the name or is this a case of low bid being "you get what you pay for"? Will I have problems getting a "no name" box repaired? I'm assuming that the components like the extrusions and door hardware etc. are pretty generic for the most part but really value the experience on this board. Also if the box is in good condition will it affect resale more than a "name brand" box?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You might take a look at Hercules also. I've had more than one person tell me they want the wood floor out of my box for their kitchen. I don't know anything about their pricing or build time as the box was already on the truck but it does seem to be a very good box. Good luck with whatever you do.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
You no the "Big Boys" don't always deliver what you need, but what they have. I have found more flexibilty with smaller companys. You can tell who will be here tomorrow, just look in there parking lot and see what the employees are driving. How does there warranty look compared to others, if there in your neighborhood they will probably deliver more than just lip service. Can they give you any references? Good luck and let us know how they work out.