Gen Z 2024: Headwind for Republicans, Tailwind for Democrats

ATeam

Retired Expediter
"Every year, about 4 million Americans turn 18 and gain the right to vote. In the eight years between the 2016 and 2024 elections, that’s 32 million new eligible voters.

"Also every year, 2½ million older Americans die. So in the same eight years, that’s as many as 20 million fewer older voters.

"Which means that between Trump’s election in 2016 and the 2024 election, the number of Gen Z (born in the late 1990s and early 2010s) voters will have advanced by a net 52 million against older people. That’s about 20 percent of the total 2020 eligible electorate of 258 million Americans.

"And unlike previous generations, Gen Z votes. ...

"Trump is not the deciding factor for these voters. When pollsters ask why, Gen Z voters say their motivation is not a party or candidate. It is, instead, strong passion on one or more issues — a much more policy-driven approach than the more partisan voting behavior of their elders.

"That policy-first approach, combined with the issues they care most about, have led young people in recent years to vote more frequently for Democrats and progressive policies than prior generations did when of similar age — as recent elections in Kansas, Michigan and Wisconsin have shown."
(Source)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Dems are targeting the college idiots.
Which would help explain why they are winning abortion-related elections in red states.

Muttly way: Hey college students and faculty. You're idiots. Vote for Trump

Democratic Way: Hey college students and faculty. Republican judges and elected officials are trying to limit your rights. Vote Democrat to improve your quality of life and the nation.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Which would help explain why they are winning abortion-related elections in red states.

Muttly way: Hey college students and faculty. You're idiots. Vote for Trump

Democratic Way: Hey college students and faculty. Republican judges and elected officials are trying to limit your rights. Vote Democrat to improve your quality of life and the nation.
They're already indoctrinated. All Dems have to do is pick up the ballots.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's sad how some people are so fixated on Trump it dominates them. I'm certain I in no way even hinted or suggested Trump and yet there he comes from the apparently easily dominated mind. And just to be clear, Trump will not be my candidate in 2024 just like he wasn't in 2016 unless and until we get to the point of choosing Trump vs. Demon(crat) and then I will vote against the demoncrat.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I look at how this current administration is and I miss trump.....biden and company are a bunch of either crooks or incompetent fools or both.....and are not transparent are promised.
Oh and Biden has yet to go to east Palestine, ohio.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The left have taken over education from elementary through post-grad. They use all that time to indoctrinate. Of course the majority of them are going to vote left.
It should come as no surprise that the younger generation is more liberal and votes accordingly. And (gasp) the older, more conservative generation is dying off! Such is the cycle of life.

However, history has proven that as they get older and further removed from the liberal fantasy worlds of college campuses, they'll become more conservative just like the generations before them. The real world has that effect on people.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It should come as no surprise that the younger generation is more liberal and votes accordingly. And (gasp) the older, more conservative generation is dying off! Such is the cycle of life.

However, history has proven that as they get older and further removed from the liberal fantasy worlds of college campuses, they'll become more conservative just like the generations before them. The real world has that effect on people.
That's been the case as long as humanity has existed. Older people saying "Ain't it awful about the kids these days" is a perpetual theme through the ages. I posted what I did not to talk about that theme, but to point out about how, in this election cycle, in the US, the demographics are such that younger voters are gaining power over older ones.

Born in the baby boom that followed World War II, the Baby Boomers comprised a huge population cohort with huge voting power. They (we) are dying off now as we age. As they pass, so does the voting power and influence they enjoyed their whole life.

As pointed out above, there has been a 53 million-person shift in the number of eligible voters in recent years, with that shift moving away from older voters toward the younger voters.

This news came as a surprise to me. For my entire baby-boomer life, number-wise, my generation was the largest generation in America. That is no longer true because my fellow baby boomers are dying off by the millions. Today, the Baby Boom generation ranks third in size, behind Millennials and Gen Z.

While it will remain the case that older voters tend to be more conservative than younger voters. In 2024, in the US, the base number of conservative voters will be significantly lower than it was in recent election cycles. Thus conservatives are less influential in present-day elections. We have seen that very thing in the red-state elections where abortion has been placed before the electorate.

As I said, headwinds for Republicans, tailwinds for Democrats.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Millennial generation is now roughly 50 percent conservative now.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Millennial generation is now roughly 50 percent conservative now.
Your source?

Google Bard says, "Millennials are the most liberal generation in American history. According to a 2023 Pew Research Center survey, a majority of millennials (57%) hold consistently liberal or mostly liberal views on 10 key political values. Just 12% of millennials hold consistently or mostly conservative views."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your source?

Google Bard says, "Millennials are the most liberal generation in American history. According to a 2023 Pew Research Center survey, a majority of millennials (57%) hold consistently liberal or mostly liberal views on 10 key political values. Just 12% of millennials hold consistently or mostly conservative views."
Who is Google Bard?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Who is Google Bard?
Google Bard is an artificial intelligence (AI) application developed by Google. It is also known as a conversational generative AI chatbot. Conversational generative AI chatbots enable computers to hold conversations with humans that are more natural and engaging than traditional chatbots. ChatGPT is a competing product, also well known and widely used. Additional products are rapidly coming to market.

As you have seen here on EO, I use these apps to access information on topics of interest. A good example is this thread. I had never heard of Vivek Ramaswamy before he was mentioned by some here. Wanting to know more, and not wanting to spend a lot of time learning more, I used Google Bard. By making a few plain-language requests of Bard, I was able to obtain -- not in minutes or hours, but in seconds -- the information you see.

The information these AI apps use is stored in vast databases. The data is obtained and continuously updated as these apps gather it from the internet and other sources. These vast stores of information are combined with the vast computing power AI developers have created to bring these life-changing tools to people like you and me.

To aid my EO discussions, I use AI mostly as a super-efficient search engine.

In our business, my staff and I use it to develop marketing scripts, spreadsheets, employee communications (welcome letters, policy manuals, etc.), workout out plans for our personal fitness training clients, professional development plans for our staff, analyze data, and more. This technology is transformational. I spend some time each day learning more about it and developing more ways to apply it in our business.

These AI apps are transforming work and life at an astounding pace. A recent example is a CEO who announced he had laid off 90% of his company's customer support team and replaced them with an AI chatbot. He said that the chatbot was able to handle customer queries much faster and more efficiently than human employees, and that it had reduced customer support costs by 85%.

Another example is a task I did yesterday. I needed to write a carefully worded letter to someone about a sensitive topic with legal implications. Before, I would have put a couple hours into such a project. Yesterday, I had it done in 15 minutes with help from ChatGPT.

Yesterday at work, someone mentioned a book she had read and was recommending to the staff. After that meeting, I asked Google Bard to summarize that book and it did so in seconds. Wanting to know more, I asked Bard to expand the summary and it did that too. In a very short time, I was able to both learn what the book was about and decide if I wanted to read the whole thing (no purchase made). In the old days, I would have bought the book on this person's recommendation. Yesterday, with Bard's help, I learned the gist of the book and saved the purchase price.

Yet another example is parenting. I have two employees who have children. After I introduced them to these AI apps, they are now using them to quickly help them resolve common parenting issues. For example, when their kids are exhibiting certain behaviors the parents want to modify, they tell the AI apps the problem and ask for a solution. INSTANTLY, the apps provide advice and guidance that the parents can consider and decide if they want to use it or not. In many cases, the advice and guidance is something they would not have thought of themselves or quickly learned about from other sources. Several times, I have seen these parents express great relief as they become equipped with information they welcome and otherwise would not have had.

Moments ago, I just assigned one of our managers to develop a presentation for staff. The topic is new to this manager and I would not usually make such an assignment because I would not want to pay the manager to study for hours to master the topic and then develop the presentation. But by telling her to use ChatGPT, I know she can get this done in an hour or less and give a great presentation. She does not have to master the topic. ChatGPT has already done that. She only has to present, and lead a discussion on, the presentation slides ChatGPT provides.

As a final example, I just asked Bard to write me a Bible study plan I can use to lead a discussion about a Christian's Bible-based relationship with government. Bard gave me an excellent outline in seconds. I do not currently lead Bible studies, but if I did, I would make extensive use of AI to prepare for the meetings.

School teachers, especially home-school teachers, are using AI to prepare lesson plans. Lawyers are using it to help write their briefs. Hospitals are using it to replace human radiologists. The list is endless and rapidly expanding.

I urge everyone I know to learn more about AI. AI is changing everything.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They're already indoctrinated. All Dems have to do is pick up the ballots.
That's exactly what's happening - ballot harvesting on college campuses. To their credit, the Democrat party has recognized the potential of these bastions of radical liberal ideology, and set up harvesting teams at nearly every college campus in the country.

These are target rich environments where liberal indoctrination is imposed daily on their students, and conservative viewpoints are censored or shouted down.

It's the perfect setup - all the Dems have to do is show up to collect the votes from the "mind-numbed robots"; the conservatives aren't allowed to compete.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A little more about Gen Z and issues that are important to them:

"... only 7 percent of those between the ages 18-29 believe that the United States is a healthy democracy. Meanwhile, 39 percent believe that the nation is a democracy in trouble, while 13 percent believe it’s a failed democracy."

Notice in the graph shown in the graph below that their #1 issue is "stopping school shootings" - 82%! The #3 issue is "reducing gun violence and mass shootings". At #5 is "preserving individual rights and freedoms", which apparently means to them being able to maintain unfettered access to their TikToc and Instagram accounts.

1690031838876.png

Considering that this is the first generation to have been liberally indoctrinated in their educational system from the 1st grade through college, is it any wonder that they're so out of touch with the primary concerns of most Americans? Going into the 2024 election, the most important issue in most polls is inflation and the cost of living - something they've never experienced.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATeam

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Someone needs to teleport back to 1775 and talk with the FF to get changes like term limits across the board and limiting voting and holding all national offices to those old enough to be president.