Gas prices

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When covid hit and everything came to a stop, a lot of capacity was taken offline when oil went negative. The oil companies are slowly bringing it back online, but they are not going to flood the market and have prices drop again.

Im glad my little Chevy Spark gets 40mpg.....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When covid hit and everything came to a stop, a lot of capacity was taken offline when oil went negative. The oil companies are slowly bringing it back online, but they are not going to flood the market and have prices drop again.

Im glad my little Chevy Spark gets 40mpg.....
Can't deliver much linen in that! :tearsofjoy:

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Nixon and ford were a bit before my time lol and george sr. Was just as I started to drive.....but then again gas was alot cheaper back then when I started driving at 16......$1.27 a gallon of gas.

I hear you. I was around 22 at the time. When I started driving in ‘69, it was 21 cog. You could fill a full-sized car for $7.00. Ah, the good old days!
Then came the embargo and gas nearly doubled from roughly 35cpg to around 60cpg overnight (causing all that inflation that Carter got blamed for). It was during the Nixon/Ford administration but I never blamed them as I don’t know what if any thing they could have done about it.
George W. was in office when we got $2.00 pg as well as when we hit our highest prices ever here in Michigan at $4.50pg for regular and over $5.00 for diesel.
As far as the original post, gas prices go up under democrats and fall under republicans?
Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums