fusion transportation

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
In 2017 I drove for Fusion for a owner. It was my first otr experience. They were patient with me, and made it easy for me to learn the ropes.

Last year I went owner/operator with Fusion. Again, first experience in becoming a o/o, and they walked me through it, and I happily have been driving with them ever since.

I can’t give a review as a person who has driven for multiple companies for a comparison, but I can say I’m not going anywhere, I’m happy right where I’m at.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

JMitchell1962

New Recruit
Solar,
I have a question for you. I am looking to get into van expediting. How much cash should I have on hand? Also what is the best way to figure out a good owner to drive for?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Solar,
I have a question for you. I am looking to get into van expediting. How much cash should I have on hand? Also what is the best way to figure out a good owner to drive for?

The second part of that question is the hard part.

I knew nothing of the business, a friend walked me into it and into a van. I was fortunate in that regard.

Your location is going to mean everything. I would call the nearest Expedite companies and as if they are looking for any drivers.

As far as money, eating otr is expensive. I average 200-250 a week.

Your first week will be eaten up with classes, and it’s paid a week behind, so it’ll be 2-3 weeks before regular money is coming in, so I’d bring 750-1000 with me.

With any decent owner that’s all you should be paying for.

Reactions: Daeom84

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The second part of that question is the hard part.

I knew nothing of the business, a friend walked me into it and into a van. I was fortunate in that regard.

Your location is going to mean everything. I would call the nearest Expedite companies and as if they are looking for any drivers.

As far as money, eating otr is expensive. I average 200-250 a week.

Your first week will be eaten up with classes, and it’s paid a week behind, so it’ll be 2-3 weeks before regular money is coming in, so I’d bring 750-1000 with me.

With any decent owner that’s all you should be paying for.

That’s just to eat. What about fuel?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
That’s just to eat. What about fuel?

They will provide a fuel card so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.

I buy my own fuel, I prefer 1 fill up Pilot/Flying J then 2 fill ups at a Top Tier fueling station. It runs me around $400-$500 a week.