Fuel Sur Charge

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
A few comments about the present situation we are all faced with.As noted in my last post,I have been around the Van Line business for 25 years.Still am,as well as own the Experdite fleet.
The issue of FSC has come and gone and come back again many times since I have been in the Va Line business.Being in sales,I understand the issue from the customer point of view.But always understanding who makes the wheels go around.The O/O's.Same in Van Line as in expedite.
The Van Line I work for had backed me many times in suggesting we walk away from business that does not support our need to compensate divers for both fuel and insurance related sur charges.Ofcourse there has to be compremise,but thee days it must be on the O/O's side.
IBM is a perfect example.My Van Line said go pond sand 2 years ago on a hugh volume of business.The Van Line that won it(HaHA)is now suffereing BIG time.All we as owners ask the companies we contracr for id to be realistic,and walk when it's costing them drivers and us operating capitol