Fuel Leak!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to this Dodge place in Toledo yesterday, (yeah, I know), had a fuel leak somewhere. They couldn't find it. There it is, top hose of the injector pump. Oh, so it is. Well, we can put on new clamps if you want....oh boy. About 2hours and 120 bucks later I come back to the J. This morning, I checked and fuel was all under the Sprinter. Now what to do, it's Sunday, Oh I know I'll call Nick, he knows a guy in Toledo that works on these things. Nick gives me name and number, I call, sure I'll look at it. Get over there and he finds the leak right off, came out with a long pair of needle nose and checked the fuel lines. Hey, this hose clamp is loose, yep, the new one...oh me.

I ask him how he would feel about changing out some glow plugs, ever do any.lol He shows me a 5 gallon bucket full of glow plugs. Yeah, once or twice. Now, I have been carring around a new set with relay for about 4 years, I was scared to let anyone do it, heard all the stories about breaking off, pulling the engine, and/or head. Yes, pulling the engine is cheaper than pulling the head.lol

Glow Plug #1- Came right out
Glow Plug #2- Came right out
Glow Plug #3&4- had to work it two or three times but came right out.
Glow Plug #5- Came right out

What was I scared of....?

He replaced all plugs and relay, then checked everything under the hood. "I'm glade you wanted them changed out, I really didn't want to charge you for tighten a hose clamp." How much I owe you, oh how bout 45 bucks. I don't have 45, would you take 60? lol

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
He is the one who changed out glow plugs two years ago.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I remembered Nick telling me about him last Good Friday, dang few days away from being a year. Guess I better order a new set of pullies and belt.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On another note: When I dropped off my load yesterday, I went home to get my rear door hinges. My old ones had to be closed while pushing on the bottom of the doors while pulling on the top. One leg slightly up in the air.

It took me and #3 son 30 min to change all 4 of them out. Now I can close them with one finger!

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Eddie, I'm glad Wayne was able to get you in on a Sunday and get you fixed up for a great price. About the pulleys,,i always carry a spare set, just in case.

Wayne has worked on my van numerous times, all while saving me thousands over dealer prices. One example was he was able to fix the "Black Death" my Sprinter had. Dealer wanted to install new head and injectors, Wayne got me fixed and ready to go for under $400.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About the pulleys,,i always carry a spare set, just in case

Yes, I think every Sprinter owner should carry a spare set, as I do to. I'll get Wayne to change everything out next time I'm up there. Friday will be a year since I broke down in Mathews, MO and Plow Boy and Gay Boy fixed it. I still have to tell you that Story. lol