Frustration

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am not a frequent poster, nor do I spend a lot of time complaining. Today once again, I received a run offer that I accepted. I am in Elk Grove Village with -75. Within 10 min. of accepting the load, which did not pick-up for several hours, I was told the load cancelled. No dry run pay, which I understand. I did not even have time to start the truck. Yet, I lose my dwell time. I already knew there were several behind be with -75 and less dwell time. Now they have moved ahead of me on the board. I tried calling my contact with no results, the usual sympathy and explanation that it was out of her hands. I have complained about the basic unfairness of
this practice in the past. I think it is time for it to be addressed.

Am I overreacting?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
If your load cancelled you should be on dry run status. You move to the top of the board regardless of dwell time or if there are others on <75. The only ones ahead of you would be someone who also had a dry run before you. If you are not on dry run status call a dispatcher and find out why.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Less than 75--kiss of death!!! doesn't mean much. I've been 1st on -75-been bumped-bypassed-gone from #1 truck to #3-how did that happen ?? it should be an award-not a punishment-you should get you're dwell back.-sometimes you have go up the chain of command -sometimes-you're preaching to the choir.

golftruck

Seasoned Expediter
If the run that cancelled generated a run number, you are due dry run pay. Doesn't matter if it was 10 minutes after you accepted the load. ANY load that comes across your C-Link with a run number is due dry run pay irregardless of how quickly it cancels or if you move your truck! This is a written policy of FDCC.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If the run that cancelled generated a run number, you are due dry run pay. Doesn't matter if it was 10 minutes after you accepted the load. ANY load that comes across your C-Link with a run number is due dry run pay irregardless of how quickly it cancels or if you move your truck! This is a written policy of FDCC.
Inrealy wish that were true. Not always is this the case.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
AS I said previously, if it generated a run #, there is dry run pay due. THIS IS ALWAYS THE CASE! Written policy. If don't get dry run pay, need to go higher up the chain of command.

Absolutely. You are dispatched, it is a dry run. Believe me, as I noted in another post, Ive seen an increase in dry runs (had another today). Ask for it, press the point.

As golftruck said, it is policy. Might not always have been, but it is now.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
I couldn't agree with you all more. We had 2 "dry runs" this week alone and deadheaded to the pick up area only to be told it cancelled. As a few posters said before, you get the dry run status and go to the head of the line if no one else has the same status. I, myself, send in a message on the QC requesting to be put in a dry run status, then after I get conformation on the QC from FDCC, I do a "status check" AND call in to the VRU and dispatch to verify the information. It might be "over kill" so to speak, but I do get it verified that way. Sometimes you will be told one thing only to find out later that they forgot to update your status before leaving for the day and the next shift that comes on duty "doesn't know anything about it" and can't help you. That's why I verify it like I do. That has happened to me before and I didn't get any type conformation and I went to the back of the line.