Freightliner finally doing a factory expediter?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
After years of basically ignoring expediters on the factory site, Freightliner actually has an expediter spec M2 in their photo gallery, with what looks like a Bentz sleeper. Makes me wonder if they would actually build a more longhaul spec'd M2, instead of ones mostly designed for local deliveries...

http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/trucks/find-by-model/m2-100-106/

Check the photo gallery link, and you'll see this pic amongst the local delivery, fuel trucks, etc... I know the bodies are actually put on by upfitters, but I'm wondering if they might actually market it as a factory product, with full warranty on the whole thing, ie sleeper, etc.. instead of passing the buck to the upfitter....

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
RE: Freightliner finally doing a factory expediter

what you are seeing there are just advertisements, none of the trucks in the pics. are factory just for show to inform of all the ways the m-2 can be configured but it would be nice it they would offer a sleeper on the m-2 or even make the century and columbia 112" bbc models w/the factory sleepers that the standard cen. and col. are aval. with same way with all the manf. that make smaller versions of their big trucks or to be correct a shorter bbc model if its the same trk. just the bbc is different they should be able to do it w/o much trouble

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

>what you are seeing there are just advertisements, none of
>the trucks in the pics. are factory just for show to inform
>of all the ways the m-2 can be configured .......

I know that, but before now, I've never seen a straight truck with a sleeper on the factory site... it's always been a dealer upgrade.

But, as you said, my thinking was, if they offered a factory sleeper on a midsize truck, that would eliminate many of the service issues people seem to have with truck and sleeper made my seperate companies...

Dreamer

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter

Excellent idea...take it to Freightliner for ALL warranty service...what could be simpler? I don't think there's enough money in it for FL to do it though...I don't know how many units they could turn in a year, but the profit margin has to be there for them to tool up for it..

Loose