freight

flatbroke

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I currently have my own authority and am doing truckload freight. i manage to stay busy, but with rates the way they are and fuel ect.. i was thingking about getting into the expediated business. does anyone have any ideas on where I can find the freight without having to lease on with a company? i have a fld120 class8 70 inc condo and was thinking about stretching it out and making it into a straight truck. any suggestions, ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

DriverLLC

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have only been in the expediting business for about a year but i believe i have learned a lot. Here is my plan so far
1. Become incorporated-became Driver L.L.C. a couple of weeks ago
2. decide on a tariff and have a lawyer look over it if possible, you must submit your tariff to your state service commision.
3. Get your authority in all states you plan to conduct business in.
4. Stationary-invoices,letterheads,blablabla
5.Corporate account-aka dba, doing business under assumed name, makes it a lot easier to recieve your money.
5. icc,mpsc in MI.,usdot, and any other things you may need depending on the type of vehicle.
6. Get to know every contact that you can, dont kiss #####, just use them, why not, they use u every day. its a mutual thing.
This is part of my plan to establish my own company. but if you want a simpler answer just check out all the brokerage sights online, note: you must still be incorporated to secure freight from these sights unless it is just another exp. company that will sign you on as an independent contractor for the day.
i dont know, just do the research, it will all pay off in the end. good luck and god bless.