Freight Rate Index... and cpm...?

i95 roadnoise

Seasoned Expediter
have noticed a lot of concern about "knowing" actual costs per mile (cpm) from previous postings, and reference to cpm in an article written by the EO editor a short time ago... and i agree understanding the true cost per mile is critical to surviving in this industry.

...so just wanted to share the following link to a resource i found that may helpful to anyone in this industry:

www.freightrateindex.com

(info copied from their website)

Do you really know what it costs per mile to move freight by truck and trailer when every small detail and cost is considered?

Many carrier and transport operations have difficulty knowing on a day to day, or per trip basis, whether or not they are profiting or losing money. Understandable, as a complete actual accounting of every small daily cost and detail, and for every delivery, is very complicated, very implausible, and virtually impossible when considering the constant fluctuation of substantial cost factors. An obvious prime example is the constant fluctuation of fuel cost, and then accurately considering how it actually influences most of the other cost factors. Accordingly, it is extremely difficult to know at what rate costs increase, and/or sometimes, but more rarely, decrease.

Likewise, many shippers and receivers have difficulty understanding the actual costs of freight movement for their own benefit, or from the perspective of freight brokers and carriers.

The Freight Rate Index information is a comprehensive calculation which provides a constant reference point for all industry concerns to find their place in the market and then be able to simply monitor how changing cost factors affect profits.

To access Freight Rate Index information, Subscribe Today !

www.freightrateindex.com