Forum navigation questions

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On the old forum if you hover over a thread title you got the first few lines of the thread. If you clicked on the thread title you went to the first post.

Currently if you hover over the title it just says go to first new post, the same thing clicking the small circle to the left does. If you click it goes to the first new post wherever that may be and you have to backtrack to get to the first post of the thread.

Is there a setting to work the old way or any chance of getting that back somehow?

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Hover on the date and time under the thread title. It says Go to First Message in Thread. :)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Where is the logout feature? I don't see it on I phone after I'm logged in. I also noticed on laptop that the login feature is written vertical. Is this normal? Thanks

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ah, cool. That solves one of them. Is there a way to see the beginning of the first post without opening the thread?

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
Where is the logout feature? I don't see it on I phone after I'm logged in. I also noticed on laptop that the login feature is written vertical. Is this normal? Thanks
If you are on the app, from the forum list you click Menu (on the top left, it's three little lines) > People > Sign Out (on the top right). From the forum you hover over your name up at the top and you'll see logout.

I don't know what you mean by login being vertical, could you elaborate?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sure can, hover over a post title and it'll come up.

I'm using a Dell laptop. When I put the pointer over the post title it just says go to first unread post, the same as it says if I put the pointer over the small circle to the left of the title.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
If you are on the app, from the forum list you click Menu (on the top left, it's three little lines) > People > Sign Out (on the top right). From the forum you hover over your name up at the top and you'll see logout.

I don't know what you mean by login being vertical, could you elaborate?
Ok, thanks, just downloaded app on I phone. On my laptop,when I tried to login, the words Email or name? already a member?were displayed from top to bottom, not horizontal. Maybe glitch on my computer. No biggie.

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using a Dell laptop. When I put the pointer over the post title it just says go to first unread post, the same as it says if I put the pointer over the small circle to the left of the title.
Could I get the browser your using and the version it's on?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm using Chrome. When I clicked about to get the version information it went directly to an "updating" page. It says: "Version 41.0.2272.101 m" (quote marks added by me) but I don't know if that's the current version or the one it is automatically updating to.

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using Chrome. When I clicked about to get the version information it went directly to an "updating" page. It says: "Version 41.0.2272.101 m" (quote marks added by me) but I don't know if that's the current version or the one it is automatically updating to.
Hmm, newer than the version I'm running, so that should be no problem. Do you know if you have an additional security extensions or programs installed that might be blocking the page from running scripts? I see the message about first unread post when I hover over that circle, but I definitely see the first post when I have over it's title.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've got a McAfee package but nothing else that I know of.