Ford 7.3L Power Stroke

G

Looking at an E-350 Ford van w/7.3L Power Stroke Diesel. Any pros and cons on this rig. (Overall durability and life expectancy before major overhaul etc.) Thanks.

G

OWN 2 OF THESE, PLEASED WITH THEM BOTH. JUST MAKE SURE YOU ORDER ONE WITH ARM RESTS.GO TO DEALER AND SET IN ONE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR,SEATS TEND TO WEAR ON DRIVER.POWER IS EXCELLENT,TRANS WORKS WELL. HAD A FRONT WHEEL BEARING GO BAD.HEATER NEEDS A WATER INJECTOR TO PUT MOISTURE IN AIR HEAT IS SO DRY.CONSIDER RIDE TO BEST ON MARKET. HANDLE WELL WITH 3800 LBS IN BACK IF LOADED CENTER REAR AXLE.ALTOGETHER I GIVE THEM ABOUT A 9 OUTTA 10

G

I agree with Big Red. I own one.Would buy another.If I was getting into ex freight again I would go with "D" unit.That is if you can afford to_On the e-350 you can go to big truck dealers or after market seat co's and get air ride seat.Well worth it.I like Comfort ride,Bostrom,and national.Comfort Ride is an overkill. It will not bottom out top out.It is A+ for cab over,or IH 4900.

G

Second thought.If you need water pump,Check with International.Theirs is about $130. Fords is $450.
Any engine work check with IH.
Have your altinator rebuilt rather than new one.
place in Davenport called Buesing automotive does for about $110. New one from ford is $400+
good luck

G

Yea - they are great engines. but whatever u do DONT BUY A CHEVY diesel!!!

G

Ford 7.3L Power Stroke - BUT NO CHEVY?

What's up with the chevy diesel?

I'm looking at replacing the gas 350 in my 2500 van with
a 6.2 or 6.5 diesel <used>.

Are these things famous for something I don't know about??