For Panther II

Ladytrucker1950

Seasoned Expediter
I'm just thinking seriously about getting into expediting. Have a friend that is considering teaming with me. Does Panther sell or lease trucks? Is it profitable to drive for a fleet owner? When you do are you considered an Independent Contractor? If so , is it forced dispatch. I have lots of questions and we are 2 experienced drivers in need of answers. Thanks

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther does not sell or lease trucks. Very few companies offer a lease and none that I've heard of actually sell trucks. There could be and I just don't know of it. Driving for an owner can pay fairly well if you have a good contract with the owner and run for a good company that keeps you busy.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Ladytrucker1950

Seasoned Expediter
So sorry I didn't respond. For some reason it didn't tell me I had a reply. I have seen your trucks up here on 20 in Iowa. I am looking for a straight truck job. I've been pulling 53's for about 5 years and decided the only stress I ever had was what the next dock was going to look like. Would be interested to know more about your company and if you would be interested in me. I have a clean record, no wrecks, no tickets ever. 100% on time. Like long runs and lots of miles and have a can do attitude. Would love to hear from you, thanks. Carol

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
and are you sure that you are friends enough to live in a 5 foot box?
One of my friends just had to go back to being solo cause it was straining the freindship. My partner and I are having a blast together but we always wanted to be together but sometimes it can still be too much. We started with a fleet owner that advertises on here. They train you and you sign a 1 year contract. If you can get along the whole year and are making enough you could try owning or something.