Fool me once.....April is here

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Playing catch up on location...CT to pick up in NJ, delivered to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh to Phoenix. Phoenix (preplanned prior to del) to San Francisco. 2 hours later SF to Coos Bay, OR. Moved to Portland. Been sitting here for 2 days now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app

Dang! You’ve been here, there, and everywhere, crisscrossing this great nation! I’m sure you’ll get something out of Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Portland can be a bad spot. Once sat there for 4 days. Good thing I was at brothers' house.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Playing catch up on location...CT to pick up in NJ, delivered to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh to Phoenix. Phoenix (preplanned prior to del) to San Francisco. 2 hours later SF to Coos Bay, OR. Moved to Portland. Been sitting here for 2 days now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app
Whenever I would go out that way, I would always plan on staying the week. Plenty of time to snag a whopper. That usually did the trick. I think of all the times (at least 6 trips) that I went out there, I only left 1 time without any freight. Not bad in my book.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone ever change the belt tensioner on the old Sprinter? Those tiny bolts are not fat hands compatible
I do believe OVM and other old-model spinter O/Op have commented in the past about replacement of Belts & Pulleys ..

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app
I think OVM has said that he changes his every 100K.
Yes but 300k was more thrifty.

Never fear, found my trusty universal extendo wrench in my tools. The double sided tape was MB compatible
IMG_20180419_2139464.jpg

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im thinking of getting into the expediting buisness and purchasing a 24 ft box truck hows the market today is there enough buisness to keep it moving.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Im thinking of getting into the expediting buisness and purchasing a 24 ft box truck hows the market today is there enough buisness to keep it moving.
A box truck is really no better than a van/Sprinter/etc. This business is Krazy packed and freight goes too cheap And getting cheaper all the time. If you can, look into a CDL B and get a Str8.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: VSprinter

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just an observation, one I may have made before (you know, getting old) but it is imposible to pull into. Truck stop and not see multiple Vans/Sprinters parked, waiting, waiting..,.... Here's my observation - a few years ago there we're way less, BUT, 2/3 of them were dedicated with signage to a carrier. Now it has flipped, 2/3 are plain unmarked. That tells me 2 things:. Way more multi carrier AND way more doing their own bidding on any of the various boards available.

Reactions: VSprinter

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just an observation, one I may have made before (you know, getting old) but it is imposible to pull into. Truck stop and not see multiple Vans/Sprinters parked, waiting, waiting..,.... Here's my observation - a few years ago there we're way less, BUT, 2/3 of them were dedicated with signage to a carrier. Now it has flipped, 2/3 are plain unmarked. That tells me 2 things:. Way more multi carrier AND way more doing their own bidding on any of the various boards available.

Smart. Keep overhead down, cut out brokers. CRE motto?
Why pay Murray, when you can keep that 10-20%.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."