Food!!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Get off the PA pike at old exit 3 - new exit #28 and go south on state rt.#19 about ¼ of a mile to the Bravo Restauranta. Very good Italian Dinning, and a very clean place. Plenty of parking for all. If your looking for a good Polynesian/Chinese Restaurant Exit off the PA pike at old #6 new Exit #56. Go west on state rt.22 then south on state rt. 48 to Monroeville Pike, turn left and go ¼ of a mile to Chins Polynesian Palace. Some fine dinning and the price is right.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Eating out of a dumpster is better than eating at that ratty old truckstop in Fort Wayne...lol }>

If you are in B unit and like Mexican food my favorite authentic place is called the Laredo on Broadway and Stoplet in town. This place has been in business for 30 years that I know of and has awesome authentic texmex. It also has a great Mexican grocery store attached.

If you are in a D unit or bobtail I would suggest any other Richards resturants around Fort Wayne. Richards is well known for its quality and cheap price. they have awesome specials daily and a killer salad bar. I can't say enough good about them. Closest to the truckstop would be on Washington center Rd. about a mile east of hwy 3.

If you are in Churubusco try the Ramble Inn resturant. Great food and prices. It is on the south end of town on hwy 33. (park closest to the road in the CVS pharmacy parking lot)

If you are laid over in Fort Wayne. Take my advise. on US 30 20 miles west of town in Columbia city there is the "top shelf truckstop". at US 30 and Hwy 9. It is newly remoded and has awesome food. and it is cheap! (can almost eat for $5.00 or so) and its showers are new and clean. I wouldn't go to the Fort Wayne travel plaza to save my soul!}>

On the road check if you are near Huntsville, AL I-65 exit 334 there is a place called "southern BBQ" best BBQ I ever ate. There is truck parking but it is right accross the street from the Williams travel plaza so you can walk over. We have taken loads there just so we can get their BBQ...lol

Hope this helps.
Billy