Food in the truck

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Linder question:
Didn't you take some hard boiled eggs in your truck last time you were home? How did it work out having the hard boiled eggs in your truck when you left home last time? Did you use them or did you end up throwing them out? Since we are coloring Easter Eggs this week I thought I would boil a lot extra and take them in the truck. You didn't peel your eggs ahead of time, did you?

Also, I think you mentioned you were going to cook some chicken breast to take. How did that work out? How did you use it with other stuff? Did you make strips or use the whole chicken breast? I was thinking about cooking the breast then slicing it into strips to use in the truck but I'm not sure what we put it in...hmmm. Maybe rice? ih

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet

are12

Expert Expediter
Your best bet is to peel the eggs as you are going to use them, they seem to last longer.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am not a huge hard boiled egg fan!! What I would do though was peel them and then as I was driving I would eat them for breakfast. That seemed to work well and they last what seems like indefinitely. How colorful and cheerful would a bunch of colored eggs be!! Fun
The chicken worked out great. I actually chunked it and used it in a salad, as you said on rice, and once just with teriyaki sauce on it. Did you know you can cook spaghetti noodles and then freeze them with a little sauce and that is a great meal? I think you could probably do the same with rice.