FLINT I-69 closure

gump

Expert Expediter
This morning at about 12:15 A M there was a propane tanker that left the road way and dropped to the rail road below I-69 in Flint near dort hwy.there was a fire and large explosion,I 69 west bound is closed between dort hwy and center road in flints east side.considerable damage was done to the bridge and will have to be replaced on west bnd side,they expect this to take several weeks.so if you get a load into or out of a flint delphi or GM plant you may want to keep this in mind.
the explosion was caught by TV 12s tower city cam and is viewible from thier web site.
WJRT TV 12 flint michigan,you should be able to bring it up by searching for thier site on internet,i dont have it handy,i see its been on national news today too.

heading west for the Delphi plants Id get off at Belsay rd and take it north to davison rd then continue west to the plants.
I post a follow up when the west bnd side is back inservice.living 10 miles from there i see a couple painfull weeks of detours and traffic from that...

the semi driver was killed and they are still trying to find out who and what company he drove for due to not much left of the truck.

be safe

gump

Expert Expediter
Ok one lane west bound is open.the west bound exit ramp to dort hwy closed till replaced..should be a few months.
the driver was identified as gregory clingan of ashley ind enroute to angola ind from marysville mi.
the first train was just allowed down the tracks at 6PM tonight.
East bound 69 all lanes open at this time

gump

Expert Expediter
two west bound lanes now open.speed limit 45 mph west bound.
west bound exit bridge to dort hwy to be replaced...no west bound exit to dort for approx 2 months.
they decided driver had a heart attack.
I was wondering if it went driver error or equip failure if we would be seeing increased enforcement or new guidelines.