Flex 700

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
PHONE CALLS 8/26--It's time the unit who rushes out to service the CUSTOMER on A P/U, needs to del. the frt. on or around the 700mile cutoff, IF YOU CHOOSE TOO!! automatic #700 cutoff disqualification is costing much needed revenue!

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Send a letter to the number 2 Jason Frederick at FedexCC and let him know how you feel. Complaining only here about the 700 mi cut is fruitless. I've posted about this 700 mi cut off here and unless Jason Frederick get a big pile of letters from those of us who want to run more than 700 mi NOTHING will change there minds in Green OH. A safety board at FedexCC made up this rule and only letters to them will have a chance to change their minds. I already wrote JF twice. Its about time more drivers did the same.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Send a letter to the number 2 Jason Frederick at FedexCC and let him know how you feel. Complaining only here about the 700 mi cut is fruitless. I've posted about this 700 mi cut off here and unless Jason Frederick get a big pile of letters from those of us who want to run more than 700 mi NOTHING will change there minds in Green OH. A safety board at FedexCC made up this rule and only letters to them will have a chance to change their minds. I already wrote JF twice. Its about time more drivers did the same.

I did write a letter! It's right here!! HE, and All the whole world has read it too!! It's called the power of ADVERTIZING!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
its a safety issue.when you have run 690 miles,including your dead head,and your getting tired.you have an accident,not your fault,but the officer sees you have driven almost 700 miles,the last 11 hours,what do you think is going to happen?

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
nightcreacher said "its a safety issue.when you have run 690 miles,including your dead head,and your getting tired.you have an accident,not your fault,but the officer sees you have driven almost 700 miles,the last 11 hours,what do you think is going to happen?"

The Flex in Flex 700 should be flexible. If I have 48 hours off I can easily run a 800-900 run. I've done it many times doing a run then deadheading back toward home. It should be a choice, not everybody wants to run 700+ runs. I had days where 500 miles was to many. I have gotten up 3am to run 100 mi to pu then ran 200 for the run, and gotten an offer for another run picking up right away. Fedex CC follows the 700 mi limit at their convenience
Drivers should have the same convenience with common sense rules. Ex: If a driver has a full 48 hours off duty a 800 or even 900 mile run can be offered. (Panther drivers can run 900 miles) then they have 500 mile rule the if they don't get a certain amount of time off)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
you may be able to do the 800 miles,but what happens to the load,if in your run,there is a bad accident, and now you have to sit for an hour.Now your getting tired and to sleep you go woth a late delivery

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did one that was 902 miles including deadhead. It was a foolish thing to do and I won't do it again. I'd been off for a few days and the run started in the morning so I'd had a good night's sleep. It was still too far to run safely. I know some of you will claim all day long that you can run 900 miles with no problem. That's an accident waiting to happen. The question is when, not if. If you run 20% deadhead then a 700 mile day has 560 paid miles in it and with Fedex that's $534. That's a nice payday for a day's work. That's also realistic, if not marginal, for a daily event. Rather than complaining about not getting to do a 900 mile run once in a while start thinking in terms of wanting/expecting a few hundred miles a day on a daily basis. That should add up to a better bottom line.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Accepted a run at 5pm going to La. P/U next morning @ 8am.. then a live call follows, you are 40 miles from p/u so you need to spent the night @ p/u.. 10 miles closer.. run 680mi.. off since last FRIDAY-DOWN 50% revenue since forced signing the mileage rate..and all the refused loads are brokered out to competitors @ GREAT RATES I hear... uhmm

as far as hearsay below-1 of many- craigslist ad - transport/ fdcc partners need trucks/cv's $$$

just lost a load to <75 c trk.. my god why do b trks. have to compete with a c trk.. 2009 1099 same as roberts day's!

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
the refused loads are brokered out to competitors @ GREAT RATES I hear... uhmm

Don't believe everything you hear. I know you'll be surprised but once in a while when drivers talk with each other they talk out of their you know what and not out of truth and knowledge.